Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP HELP HELP, Dumb Aussie cant work it out

Angry HELP HELP HELP, Dumb Aussie cant work it out
    Hey guys,

I know that this thread as been mentioned many times before so sorry if i sound like a broken record however every other person in this predicament has fixed the error.

I have a 112OTB (running on 111) with Windows XP (i hate windows).

I wanted to unlock my phone using Ziphone that was recently released. So i attempted to upgrade to 113 via iTunes (the proper way) and i was returned with error 1602.

I then ran Ziphone and ever since my phone has been bricked.

All i can get on the screen is the apple logo. I have attempted to restore the phone by pressing the home/power buttons and releasing at the appropriate times (as per the many methods outlined on this forum) but still no luck.

iTunes (version 7.5 and 7.6) does not recognise, or even attempt to recognise that the iphone is connected. Have tried iBrickr (v 0.91) and dev teams 112 jailbreak/restore program and all programs say that the phone is not connected.

All i can get is the apple logo on the screen and the occasionally blip blip sound on my PC as if the phone is connecting via USB but still nothing.

IS there any other programs that i can use to unbrick the phone? I will attempt to use independence late in the week on a Mac laptop but at this stage have one very expensive but useless iphone.

Please dont reply with hold down power/home buttons method to restore as have tried that method to death.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance. A shiny new donkey for anyone who can help!!

[email protected]
    Last edited by waz94; 2008-02-17 at 02:05 AM. Reason: wrong quote

Thanks

What I did, and which fixed my problem (which was the same as yours) was to Restore to 1.1.3 (not update). Then run Ziphone 2.0 or above (not need to put it into recovery first) and make sure verbose mode is turned on.

EDIT: First, plug your phone into the computer. Press and hold wake/home for 10 seconds, release wake but keep holding home until iTunes says its discovered an iPhone that needs restoring. Then go from there.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-02-17 at 02:12 AM.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the fundamental problem is that people don;t know the difference between restore and DFU mode. Ah well, Eurisko has it right. That should work for you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Appreciate the comments Eurisko and sziklassy but I have tried holding the relevant buttons down like you have mentioned with no luck.

The phone is just dead. ANy other ideas???

Cheers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waz94 View Post
    Appreciate the comments Eurisko and sziklassy but I have tried holding the relevant buttons down like you have mentioned with no luck.

The phone is just dead. ANy other ideas???

Cheers.
    If you plug the phone into the wall adapter does it power up?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.