Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is it worth it to upgrade to 1.1.3?

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

Question is it worth it to upgrade to 1.1.3?
    is a jailbroken 1.1.3 stable? if i use ibrickr for ringtones, will they still work? and will all of my third party apps be deleted? is the windows gui of ziphone working enough too take the risk of possibly bricking my iphone??

i would greatly appreciate it if someone would answer these questions for me...Thanks in Advance!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolkid13 View Post
    is a jailbroken 1.1.3 stable? if i use ibrickr for ringtones, will they still work? and will all of my third party apps be deleted? is the windows gui of ziphone working enough too take the risk of possibly bricking my iphone??

i would greatly appreciate it if someone would answer these questions for me...Thanks in Advance!
    If you update/restore via iTunes (not the dev/nate way) then yes 1.1.3 is very stable jailbroken. ZiPhone will jailbreak and activate it no problem. If you also update to iTunes 7.6, you can use it for your Ringtones and forget about iBrickr. I used the Windows GUI for my jailbreak/activate/unlock and everything went off without a hitch.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

e1allen2 (2008-02-17), oldskoolkid13 (2008-02-17)

Thanks

cool thanks!!

Thanks

just did it! and in your own words, 'everything went off without a hitch'

Thanks for ur help!

Thanks

Thanks for ur help!

oops! didnt mean 2 put tht twice! sry!
    Last edited by oldskoolkid13; 2008-02-17 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolkid13 View Post

Thanks for ur help!

oops! didnt mean 2 put tht twice! sry!
    did you lose all your apps? how about phone book? I want to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 is that what you did?

i've been thinking about going from 112 to 113.
    But i've seen way to many problems people have been having.
    same question john1177 asked, did you lose your apps with the upgrade?
    Aqwoah and Glass Orb Dock combined!

I was jailbroken on 1.1.2 and I was installing something and my phone froze so I did a hard restart and it was going from apple logo to the springboard and back so I had to restore. I upgraded to 1.1.3 and used the ZiPhone GUI which is amazingly easy! I lost everything but I keep all contacts wrote down so luckily I still have those.

As far as if it's worth it, I say no cause I have problems with some things.

And for ringtones I use iRinger it works really good. You pick a 30 sec section of a song you want and import it to iTunes and it automatically converts it to m4r or whatever and sends it to iTunes for you. Then you just sync to your phone and add them in iTunes.
    Last edited by kona; 2008-02-17 at 05:05 PM. Reason: grammer correction

Thanks

like i said it worked great...i went from otb 1.1.2 to 1.0.2 then now to 1.1.3, i did lose all my apps, bt since technically it was only an upgrade, i didnt lose anything else such as contacts, fotos, summerboard themes, etc. i lost my NES roms and iphysics levels bt those r not hard to replace. my only problems now are that i cant get customize to work, and some apps and summerboard themes r not compatible w/ 1.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    I was jailbroken on 1.1.2 and I was installing something and my phone froze so I did a hard restart and it was going from apple logo to the springboard and back so I had to restore. I upgraded to 1.1.3 and used the ZiPhone GUI which is amazingly easy! I lost everything but I keep all contacts wrote down so luckily I still have those.

As far as if it's worth it, I say no cause I have problems with some things.

And for ringtones I use iRinger it works really good. You pick a 30 sec section of a song you want and import it to iTunes and it automatically converts it to m4r or whatever and sends it to iTunes for you. Then you just sync to your phone and add them in iTunes.
    is iringer free? if it is that would be great were can i get it? i was using ibrickr bt now i cant use it anymore so im using efiko's iphone ringtone maker bt i dont like to spend money on software if i can get a similar one somewere else for free and i used up all my free trial time on it.

i actually just found out that i still had my roms and iphysics level packs but they were located under var/mobile/media/roms/nes but i dont currently know of a way to transfer those files to the proper location just yet...
    Last edited by oldskoolkid13; 2008-02-19 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Netservices does not work either in 1.1.3. The edge off icon never stays at off like it does in 1.1.2

Default ??? should I????
    I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 otb phone with a TuroSim and it all works perfect.
    If I were to update to 1.1.3 I just would like to know what is the
    best method.
    Do I just log on to iTunes and hit update to 1.1.3? then run iJailbreak, or is there anything I need
    to due before hand. I have backed up all the data so that no big deal if I lose it all, but I'm afraid of the phone not working any more.
    Just looking for some helpful advice to ease the tension of maybe updating.

thank you a head of time any help.