Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My firmware is blank -help

Default My firmware is blank -help
    OTB 1.1.2

I have the same issue with many other, but my problem is that ym firmware is blank.

I've checked this by going into field test mode (*3001#12345#*). Th only option it gives me is versions and under that, it says firmware is blank.

The symptoms are:

No IMEI
    No wifi
    no cicid
    slow keys.
    unjailbroken

in debug mode, it always stops at "spamming at. waiting for a response" when using ziphone with any of the options.

I think the solustion to this is to somehow downgrade to 1.0.2, but because its a OTB1.1.2 it won't downgrade to 1.0.2 (even though firmware is blank, and gets stuck at Waiting for iphone). When trying to restore in recovery or dfu mode with any of the firmware (1.1.1 - 1.1.3) it loads the software portion fine, but when it get to the firmware portion of the process, it stops and the spits out a 1011 error every freakin time.

Any way to get e OTB 1.1.2 to restore to 1.0.2? Or any other solutions.

EDIT

I've read up on some more (I've been doing A LOT of that laterly,because of this) and I think my issue is that I didn't complete the process of doing a HW hack.

I don't remember at what point that I stopped and restored, but I think it was somewhere before running the bbupdater -v command.

So I think I need another commboard to swaping to just get the phone jailbroken, then load all the apps/file to do a HW, then completing the HW unlock process.

Again I ask, is there another way of doing this?
    Main problem for me is at this point, is getting the phone jailbroken only using FW 1.1.1 - 1.1.2. w/o any communication to the phone, besides the dock port.

Anybody?

EDIT

I've read up on some more (I've been doing A LOT of that laterly,because of this) and I think my issue is that I didn't complete the process of doing a HW hack.

I don't remember at what point that I stopped and restored, but I think it was somewhere before running the bbupdater -v command.

So I think I need another commboard to swaping to just get the phone jailbroken, then load all the apps/file to do a HW, then completing the HW unlock process.

Again I ask, is there another way of doing this?
    Main problem for me is at this point, is getting the phone jailbroken only using FW 1.1.1 - 1.1.2. w/o any communication to the phone, besides the dock port.

Anybody?
    Last edited by Oranges; 2008-02-15 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

same problem here but this is a forum where sometimes people doesn't want to help other people until they run in a hurry

Can Somebody Answer Usssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssss
    Imgoing Crazy

Ok guys.
    Try this....

Need to turn on your speakers so you can hear it.

Leave the phone on

Connect cable to USB wait......until you hear it connects.

Hold HOME and SLEEP until it disconnects then let go of the SLEEP, but continue to hold the HOME until you hear it reconnects.

Your screen should be black... Nothing on it. If you have a logo on the screen then read again and redo it.

Run itunes and restore it with 1.1.3

Done....

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Ok guys.
    Try this....

Need to turn on your speakers so you can hear it.

Leave the phone on

Connect cable to USB wait......until you hear it connects.

Hold HOME and SLEEP until it disconnects then let go of the SLEEP, but continue to hold the HOME until you hear it reconnects.

Your screen should be black... Nothing on it. If you have a logo on the screen then read again and redo it.

Run itunes and restore it with 1.1.3

Done....
    Already Tried That but nothinig sucesfull, thanks anyway but please somebody needs to start giving us the fix, can you imagina the first person who fix this how many donations will receive>=<>>>>???? pease help