Love this site, but this is my first post, so please bear with me...
First, big thanks to all those devoted folks out there who spend so much of their time to help us all free our phones - without you, we would be stuck for sure...

So here's the deal:
I have a 1.1.3 OTB 8GB iPhone / using OS 10.4.11 (Tiger) on a 1.25GHz PowerBook G4 w/ 1GB RAM / iTunes 7.6 / moderate computer knowledge, but not good in Terminal

I am looking to free my phone so that I can run fun things like Installer and have my modded ringtones, backgrounds and system sounds back (I had a fab 1.0.2 modded phone until it died recently and I had to replace it). I HAVE AN AT&T CONTRACT AND DO NOT WANT TO USE THE PHONE WITH ANOTHER CARRIER! I want what I used to enjoy on my phone, but I would love to be able to take advantage of all the cool things that have been included in updates since the 1.0.2 version. So, I have been reading for days about all the recently released applets to free your phone and make this happen (ZiPhone seems to be the most trouble free now) and have checked out videos on YouTube, but I am left with so many questions, like...

1. Can you now jailbreak a OTB 1.1.3 on a Mac without downgrading to 1.1.1 and then upgrading again? Is that the ZiPhone 2.2 app?

2. The ZiPhone 2.2 download seems to be made for Windows, as it contains several .exe files - can I use it on a Mac with the specs listed above, and is there a GUI interface to make doing this on a Mac easier (I looked but couldn't find one)?

3. Don't understand about this"bootloader" thing, and how to tell which version you have - what does it do, and what version are you supposed to have when all is said and done?

4. If you are successful in jailbreaking the phone to allow the use of lots of fun modding applets, can you still take advantage of the features that version 1.1.3 offers (multiple page home screens and icon shortcuts on the home screen, for instance)?

I probably have other questions, but really I would love some kind of step-by-step something (tutorial or video) to get me through this...And any enlightenment on my questions above would be awesome.........

Thanks to you all for reading such a long post, and I impatiently await your guidance!!
--eastwing97