Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3, but I have some questions...

Question Going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3, but I have some questions...
    Hi guys, i think i'm finally deciding to got to 1.1.3 so here's the background:
    1.1.1 OTB
    Jailbronken and activated with AppSnap
    Unlocked with AnySIM 1.1
    Restored to 1.1.1 and jailbroken and activated again like 15 times lol i was having some technical issues

So I decided that as ZiPone is so easy to use I want a 1.1.3 can I just update to 1.1.3 and the use ZiPhone to activate, jailbreak and unlock? Or do I need to virginize, erase the baseband (iErase BL 3.9 on ZiPhone) or anything extra?

Thanks for your help

Another question do i need iWorld or anything else to be able to use my phone in Mexico?

We are in pretty much the same boat. I am also on 1.1.1 jailbroken and unlocked using anysim. Phone was originally a 1.02 US model.

I didn't much fancy the bodged 1.1.3 upgrades that first surfaced a few weeks (Nate and Dev team) ago but if ZiPhone allows a clean jailbreak and unlock I would now be interested in getting to 1.1.3.

Same boat here too, there seems to be interest in a guide for our small but vocal minority (anysim 1.1 or less).

I am planning to upgrade this weekend. The real question is do I need to virginize my secpack, which I think I do.

I think from this post http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31167 that virginizing is unnecssary. Basically follow the guide on the main page, and install anysim1.3 to unlock.

I just wish they would state this fact as I am still unsure about the seczone because it was damaged when using 1.1.1 unlock methods
    Last edited by linear; 2008-02-15 at 02:47 PM. Reason: more info providied

I just did this evening, No issues whatsoever. Starting with 1.1.1 unlocked with Anysim.

Just restored via iTunes and it installed 1.1.3. Ran ZiPhone GUI for the MAc and it jailbroke in 45 seconds!!

Went then ti installer and installed Anysim 1.1.3. 5 mins and the phone was working!

Soooo easy. No issues at all. Google maps, Youtube, all my E-mail setting etc etc all working. Ringtones are fine...

Just remember to Sync prior to going down this road.

iWorld won't work so you'll need to SSH in and install the App Support files and then you're all set...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Robbo71 For This Useful Post:

Moreno53 (2008-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo71 View Post
    I just did this evening, No issues whatsoever. Starting with 1.1.1 unlocked with Anysim.

Just restored via iTunes and it installed 1.1.3. Ran ZiPhone GUI for the MAc and it jailbroke in 45 seconds!!

Went then ti installer and installed Anysim 1.1.3. 5 mins and the phone was working!

Soooo easy. No issues at all. Google maps, Youtube, all my E-mail setting etc etc all working. Ringtones are fine...

Just remember to Sync prior to going down this road.

iWorld won't work so you'll need to SSH in and install the App Support files and then you're all set...
    hi.... there's no need to revirginize an unlocked 1.1.1 first before upgrading?

mine was 1.0.2 OTB, upgraded to 1.1.1, then unlocked .. that was months ago