Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: want to update my 1.1.4 to 2.0

Default want to update my 1.1.4 to 2.0
    I have a 1.1.4 unlocked and jailbroken iphone 2g by iliberty and i am using tmobile sim card. ive been searching online trying to find a way to upgrade to firmware 2.0 and still retain my tmobile unlock. if someone can point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

If you are on pc, its called winpwn and on mac its pwnage tool. Here is the link: blog.iphone-dev.org

I'm in the same situation.. Will I lose any of my notes or cotacts when I upgrade? I don't care about losing the apps

Default how about quickpwn
    how about quickpwn

Quote Originally Posted by outlawz85 View Post
    I'm in the same situation.. Will I lose any of my notes or cotacts when I upgrade? I don't care about losing the apps
    Do a sync before you upgrade. Follow the upgrade winpwn/pwnage process, but don't set up the iPhone as a new iPhone. Do a restore. You'll have contacts, settings, notes, voicemail, call history, sms history, etc.

Now, that being said, if you run into problems, you may have to rerun the process but set up the iPhone as a new phone. When you do a restore, you'll lose notes, and call/sms history, settings, but you don't lose contacts and voicemail. At least that's been my experience. I'm guessing here....but you are using Outlook or Outlook Express on your PC to sync/manage your contacts?

Default i also want to do this
    i am in the same situation as well.
    i dont care about losing info but im afraid that i will brick my phone my friend told me that it was possible because it happened to him?

can i REALLY brick my phone from updating to 2.0 firmware and unlocking it?
    i recently downgraded from 2.0 to 1.1.4 before there was the new winpwn

im a noob at this so can someone help please? with specific directions on what to do

my email is [email protected]

many thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I also want to complete an upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 but I would also like to know what the benefits are? What is it that we gain from doing that? My phone has been jailbreak and unlocked but I do not want to lose anything doing an upgrade. Is that possible?

same here dont know if its worth the upgrade , but the new apps look good