Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any way to jailbreak and keep previous 3rd party apps?

Default Any way to jailbreak and keep previous 3rd party apps?
    I've been jailbreaking since FW 1.0.2, and I've done almost every FW since then, but the part I don't like is that I have to reinstall my 3rd party apps. Is there any way to back up this data yet? or maybe plans to be able to do this soon?

Thanks for the great work DevTeam!

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

the short answer is no,
    and the long answer is noooooooooooooooo
    this has been covered many times before on this site
    3gs 16gb 4.0 pwnagetooled. macbook pro 2.33ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. imac 20" 2ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. and a mini 10 dell for those times when i have to use a pc.

Thanks

Not really. You can SSH them to your desktop and move them back but that doesnt always go smoothly. Its easier to just reinstall them.

There have been a couple of apps released that attempt to do this but none have worked really well for me. They conflict with apps like Customize and Summerboard (fw prior to 2.0). iPhonebrowser will back up folders as well. I found that it worked best for individual files or folders but it was inconsistent for larger more global backups.

The easiest thing is to just restore, jailbreak and reinstall the apps for a more stable phone.

What firmware are you on now? That is one advantage to app store apps, is that they re-sync.

that's what I thought... oh well...

bhz, I'm on 2.0.1 now. I noticed the app store apps restored easily when I went from 2.0 to 2.0.1.

Thanks for the quick replies