Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G FW update to 2.0.1: where to get 2.0.1 / how to update?

Default 3G FW update to 2.0.1: where to get 2.0.1 / how to update?
    I've got an AT&T iPhone 3G and I'm using it with a Super X-Sim adaptor so I can use it with a Vodafone Germany SIM.
    I now want to update the firmware to 2.0.1 (not 2.0.2 as it won't work with my Vodafone SIM then anymore).
    Can I still update using iTunes by downloading the 2.0.1 firmware somewhere or do I need to use something Pwnage to update it? I don't really care about Jailbreak, I only want to update the FW.

Thanks!

PS: Does anybody know where to get iTunes 7.7 x64? I tried googling for it but I only found the x86 version (which doesn't fully work with Vista x64).

Thanks

You can search and find many things. I'll help you out though since its your first post:

iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - Firmware

iTunes can be downloaded from Apple's itunes downloads page. If you read the fine print under Windows requirements, 64-bit Vista is listed.

Thanks for the reply!
    I missed that I can download the firmware fromt his very page...duh

So how do flash it? Just copy it to the folder where iTunes keeps the firmwares and use restore in iTunes? Or use another method?

And I know where I can the latest iTunes version, but I need 7.7 not 7.7.1 as it won't recognize the SIM card. I went through 10+ pages of Google results searching for "itunes 7.7 -7.7.1" without coming up with a download link...