Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help help! Iphone 3g stuck at boot logo!!!!!

Default Help help! Iphone 3g stuck at boot logo!!!!!
    Okay, its about 11:45 and I'm totally freaking out. My iphone was crasing all day today, and I came up with the conclusion that it was the limbx (?) GNOME phaser thing, that I updated earlier via cidia. Anyways this would not do, so I removed the package. My iPhone froze after that, so I restarted it, and now it is stuck at the pineapple boot screen. It has been there for about a half hour now, and my computer isn't even recognizing that it's plugged in. I NEED HELP!!!! Please anyone my life is about to be over!

Hahaha, calm down....nobody's life is ending tonite.

Seriously though, Your gonna have to put the phone in DFU mode and restore/re-jailbreak it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

volcomc (2008-08-29)

Am I going to lose all of my contacts and such, i havent backed up my phone, and I'm afraid of losing all my info.

Yeah you will.

But if your stuck on the boot screen, thats all you can do. So, basically you've already lost everything.

I know dude, it sucks. I dont backup either cause it takes soooooo long now. But I use MobileMe so my contacts and such are auto synced over the air.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

volcomc (2008-08-29)

I love you, iPhone restored now, and syncing. What jailbreak meathod do you recomend. Used quickpwn last time for fw 2.0.2.

Well, either quickpwn or winpwn. I have used quickpwn on my 3G and 2G, so far no problems (keeping fingers crossed).

Glad its back up and running.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

You don't have to restore. You can do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

cancelled
    Last edited by NArush; 2008-09-07 at 04:32 PM. Reason: multple post

Thanks

Right, I got a new one for this old forum post.

My iPhone is a 8Gb Black 3G phone Pwned with Quickpwn and also Yellowsn0w, it was working fine until all of the sudden all of the apps downloaded on cydia stopped working, I decided to reset it and did it on the phone itself (without connecting it to a computer and using iTunes to do so). Right after I clicked on reset all on the configurations menu it turned into the pineapple screen with what seems to be a mac loading spinning image right on top of the pineapple and every minute or so it reboots on itself just to return to the same screen. iTunes does not see it at all and all the hard resets I've tried seem to be useless in this situation. I have tried to let the battery die and reconnect to the computer but that is also of no use.

Any help? I am almost throwing this away, honestly this is the most challenged I have ever been by a gadget, I guess it may not say much about my expertise but oh well...

Would REALLY appreciate some useful advice!

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Then DFU and restore if iTunes won't recognize it.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It should be noted that you cannot use even the DFU mode to restore your iPhone/iPod unless you have access to the iTunes store.

My access is blocked at work, and although using DFU does start iTunes, I get the error:

"iTunes software update server cannot be contacted."

iTunes then refuses to see the phone, nor will iPhoneBrowser, blackra1n, ziphone, ibrickr or any other software that I've tried.

I'd take it to the Apple store, but the ipsw I used to restore while jailbreaking (an iPod ipsw because some jackass labeled it incorrectly) put the damn pineapple logo on it, so I can't even fake my way out of that.

Next time I'll just use blackra1n to jailbreak, as I don't really care about unlocking the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by arubajoe77 View Post
    Right, I got a new one for this old forum post.

My iPhone is a 8Gb Black 3G phone Pwned with Quickpwn and also Yellowsn0w, it was working fine until all of the sudden all of the apps downloaded on cydia stopped working, I decided to reset it and did it on the phone itself (without connecting it to a computer and using iTunes to do so). Right after I clicked on reset all on the configurations menu it turned into the pineapple screen with what seems to be a mac loading spinning image right on top of the pineapple and every minute or so it reboots on itself just to return to the same screen. iTunes does not see it at all and all the hard resets I've tried seem to be useless in this situation. I have tried to let the battery die and reconnect to the computer but that is also of no use.

Any help? I am almost throwing this away, honestly this is the most challenged I have ever been by a gadget, I guess it may not say much about my expertise but oh well...

Would REALLY appreciate some useful advice!

I have the exact same problem, wont get past loading screen, tried everything. please help!

try using redsnow newest one i used was 9.6rc it even left my apps in place when it was done ! green poison 4.2.1 ipsw then it was fine. ultrasnow is what i use as well. as long as it can get to dfu mode it should work.