Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide-Downgrade you 4.6 bootloader to 3.9 via software method

Default Guide-Downgrade you 4.6 bootloader to 3.9 via software method
    Hi, firstly i'd like to say i did not make this guide i am just letting you all know about it, and please read all the warnings, i accept no responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

You can now downgrade you bootloader to 3.9 from 4.6 using just a software method. If you are wondering why you would want to do this well it means you can run full 1.1.3 unlocked, by this i means 1.1.3 with 4.03.13G baseband unlocked. Also the 3.9 bootloader seems easier to unlock than the new 4.9 so you have better chance of an unlock being available and being available quickly, for furture firmware updates.

Now here is the guide:

http://acujo.com/tutorials/how-to-do...-only/#more-14

Hope this helps some of you, i haven't seen it on the forums, sorry if someone else has posted this already,
    james

Just to let you all know i have just followed this guide myself on my 1.1.2 otb iphone and it worked fine with no problems. And didn't take long to do either, i am now unlocking using the ipsf style unlock.

James
    Last edited by jameselder232; 2008-02-14 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just to let you all know i have just followed this guide myself on my 1.1.2 otb iphone and it worked fine with no problems. And didn't take long to do either, i am now unlocking using the ipsf style unlock.

James