Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone app crashing after 2.0.2 jailbreak, help please.

Default Phone app crashing after 2.0.2 jailbreak, help please.
    So I just used QuickPwn to jailbreak 2.0.2 on an iPhone 3G. Everything seemed to work fine and I began installing apps from Installer and Cydia. Just now I realized that the Phone app always crashes. I've tried restarting the phone and the same thing happens. Double tapping to go to my favorites crashes as well. I have no access to the phone app. I can accept calls but that is it. When someone calls and I press Accept, it takes me to the home screen while I talk to them.

Someone please let me know if this is a common issue and can be fixed, otherwise it looks like I will need to do a restore : (

Ok luckily I don't think I will need to do a restore. After uninstalling the app "Kate" from installer, my phone app went back to working correctly.
    Last edited by Benz145; 2008-08-28 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Kate has been giving a lot of problems.

I have this issue as well, all of the sudden.
    it doesnt update my voicemail count either,

anyone experiencing this?

yea same thing happened when i installed kate but then uninstalling kate did nothing. i can only make calls when i go to my contacts app and its stuck at the home screen too. i hate kate

i guess i'll just restore

Default agrreeedddd
    Quote Originally Posted by Benz145 View Post
    So I just used QuickPwn to jailbreak 2.0.2 on an iPhone 3G. Everything seemed to work fine and I began installing apps from Installer and Cydia. Just now I realized that the Phone app always crashes. I've tried restarting the phone and the same thing happens. Double tapping to go to my favorites crashes as well. I have no access to the phone app. I can accept calls but that is it. When someone calls and I press Accept, it takes me to the home screen while I talk to them.

Someone please let me know if this is a common issue and can be fixed, otherwise it looks like I will need to do a restore : (

Ok luckily I don't think I will need to do a restore. After uninstalling the app "Kate" from installer, my phone app went back to working correctly.
    heyy buddy, I googled the issue you and I were having, saw this forum, did what you said, delete kate, and it worked! this problem with the Original Phone App is what made me remove the jailbreak from my old iphone.

later

Nice to have you here and glad you solved your problem. Kate is an application from the evil RipDev. I would stay far away from their apps