Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prevent iTunes From Deleting Applications

Default Prevent iTunes From Deleting Applications
    Hey guys,

I'm sorry if this is a repost.

I have a 1st gen 8gb iphone with the 2.0.2 software, quickpwned. I want to give it to my sister. I've bought some applications on this phone, i.e. monkey ball, enigmo, but I want my sister to have it also when I send her the phone.

I want her to be able to sync her contacts, music, ringtones, movies with this phone from her iTunes library but if she does that, it'll delete all the applications that I've bought.

What file in the filesystem defines what applications are on the phone? Is there a *.plist? Can I modify a file to trick the iphone into keeping the existing programs?

Hope that makes sense guys.....Thanks for any help! =)

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

my understanding is...apple allowed you to share your music, apps, movies....up to 5 computers. You can put the apps on her computer...but you would have to give her your username and password to her so that she can authorize those apps on her iTunes.

just for the sake of discussion, what if i don't want to give her my l/p.....is there any other way to do it?

Copy the ipa files off of your phone, run the DRM removal script on them, send her the files, pwn her itunes, reload the ipa files.

care to provide us with some details? Where to find the IPA files,
    where to find the DRM removal script.. etc..