Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm an idiot - Please help!

Smile I'm an idiot - Please help!
    Hi everyone

I need some help, but I am new to this and reading all these threads is very confusing.

Basically, I have bought a 1st gen iphone which was running the 1.0.2 software and was unlocked for any sim. I have since paid to have the phone upgraded to 1.1.4 so I could use the installer application, which I have found to be excellent.

Now, is it worth me upgrading to 2.0.2 - what more will this offer me? And secondly, how would I go about upgrading it myself? I have read so many things about different programmes (Ziphone, Pwnage etc) and I am not sure what's best to do - I will need it to remain unlocked for T-Mobile too - which programme is the easiest, and best to use?

An idiots guide would be useful!!

Thanks everyone

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiggykilla's Avatar
    Thanks

in my opinion 1.1.4 firmware is the most stable, if you upgrade to 2.0 your installer app will become almost useless and by the way, 2.0 - 2.2 lags and crashes abit.....so i woudn't upgrade yet..but then again without 2.0, you can not use apples Appstore.
    My Arrival Was Imminent!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Upgrade to 2.0.2 then unlock with BootNeuter

No, you will need to use winpwn or pwnage tool (1st is for pc the 2nd for mac). Then you will need to download the itunes' 2.0.2 firmware (don't install it). With this you will build a custom firmware and use itunes to restore using your newly made custom firmware. You pick this file by shift clicking restore on pc and option clicking restore on a mac. Visit blog.iphone-dev.org to get the answer to all of your questions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to satch2501 For This Useful Post:

taffam (2008-08-27)

Quote Originally Posted by satch2501 View Post
    No, you will need to use winpwn or pwnage tool (1st is for pc the 2nd for mac). Then you will need to download the itunes' 2.0.2 firmware (don't install it). With this you will build a custom firmware and use itunes to restore using your newly made custom firmware. You pick this file by shift clicking restore on pc and option clicking restore on a mac. Visit blog.iphone-dev.org to get the answer to all of your questions.
    I came here to ask the same question as the thread starter, but ^that reply just told me in so many words to wait.

That was just noise to me.