Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Softbank iPhone 3g JailBreak??

Default Softbank iPhone 3g JailBreak??
    Is there anyone who has jailbroken the Softbank's Iphone 3G in Japan?

As i wanna Jailbreak my iPhone but want to be 100% if its gonna have the Softbanks Signals and Wifi working.

Anybody???

Same here.. Japanese users are not the kind to break void their warranty... So not enough feed back yet. Personally, I'd love to take videos and change my theme, but softbank's net plan is too good to screw up over a few customized icons.
    Since tethering would cost you a month worth of salary in half a day, I wonder if JBing is worth the risks over here...

Ya rightly said but still iPhone 3g is missing so many gr8 functions like locking your Pictures and also there are no games in it.

i Wandered around so many Forums to check if there is anyone who has jailbroken his iPhone 3g From Softbank but didnt find any

Discussed my Situation in other Forums and the people living and America n Europe said that they have successfully jailbroken their iPhone 3g and Japanese iPhone should not be different from the one they are using in America and Europe.

So i am still in a confusion whether to Jailbreak my iPhone or not?
    Still waiting for a satisfactory answer

go ahead and jailbreak it, have jb my SB iPhone since i got it.

signal strength, wifi, 3G,everything still works

jail breaking on the softbank network is fine. i bought my phone, used it normally in japan, had it jail broken in the Philippines, used it there, and came back to japan, and it works fine. i had a problem installing some programs a couple days ago, so had to restore it, then re jailbroke it, and still works great. also some of my buddies have theres JB'd and theres are fine as well

oh that is also with the 3.0 firmware

not exactly an answer to your question, but one for you in anyone else in japan, if I take my 3gs over there can I just sign up to a plan? When I lived there before you actually had to buy a handset, but that was some years ago

I've been JBen for 7-8 months now, no problem so far except for the time where i asked the staff a question and I had forgotten to change the carrier name back...

About the foreign 3GS in japan, I'm pretty sure you're screwed. They don't offer our very good package plan to foreign iphones, as far as I know that is, and will make you pay A LOT for web access.
    To give you an idea, my last bill read: internet access=840.000 (8400USD), internet access package plan discount=-840.000.

Broke a sweat first time I noticed.
    I doubt it would be that bad, but you wont get the free access for 40$/month plan...
    If you want to stay here for a year or two, i'd sign up for a contract, get a cheap/free 3G and swap the SIM card.
    Either that or get stuck with a prepaid phone. I might be wrong though, if rules changed recently without my knowledge.

Anyone tethering in japan and still not in jail/debts?

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

I am on softbank 3G 3.0 firmware. Jailbroken/unlocked/ and with tethering. 100% working, no issues with phone service end.

Quote Originally Posted by duceduc View Post
    I am on softbank 3G 3.0 firmware. Jailbroken/unlocked/ and with tethering. 100% working, no issues with phone service end.
    Dear, would you tell me where to get the app to release my Softbank tethering, please?
    Thank you in advance!

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grandeabc View Post
    Dear, would you tell me where to get the app to release my Softbank tethering, please?
    Thank you in advance!
    Here is the softbank ipcc file I used. Use itunes to upload the file to your phone.
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. The Following User Says Thank You to duceduc For This Useful Post:

phonevillan (2009-12-14)

Are there any increases in cost for tethering on your bill from Softbank?

So all I can say is thank you! I have been looking for a softbank release..
    May have great end of year! now that my 16G isnt garbage that i got stuck with for helping memberUofServiceMen and he never paid for the rest of IT..

I LOVE technology..But for the price!
    If owned Lamborgini, I would still work on it!
    But not everyone can!
    Last edited by phonevillan; 2009-12-14 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost