Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Differences In Current Jailbreaking Tools?

Default Differences In Current Jailbreaking Tools?
    OK, I'm trying to get this straight. So please correct my post if I'm wrong because I am not sure what is what. Anyway...

PWNAGE - Developed by the "unofficial official" iPhone dev team themselves. Works only on Mac.

WinPWN - It's the exact same as PWNAGE (the insides of it I mean, such as code and what exactly it executes) only it works on Windows operating systems and has a different GUI. Not developed by the "unofficial official" dev team, but it is approved by them.

QuickPWN - Also developed by the "unofficial official" dev team, this will jailbreak and activate an iPhone without having to restore it completely with a custom (or non-custom) IPSW file. You update normally through iTunes, and then just QuickPWN it from there. This runs on Windows operating systems, and not Macs. Using this may interfere with later attempts to unlock any 3G iPhones.

ZiPhone - lol

Ok, now for some questions. Assuming everything I said was accurate, what exactly would make someone use WinPWN over QuickPWN. Only the fact that they are able to load custom firmware files via Win, and not Quick? Also, I do not have to worry about this but how would using QuickPWN "might jeopardize" your chance in later unlocking the 3G?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

One advantage is that quickpwn is still considered beta software and therefore less stable.