Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [easy~guide] Unbrick, Activate, Jailbreak And Unlock With Latest Firmware

Lightbulb [easy~guide] Unbrick, Activate, Jailbreak And Unlock With Latest Firmware
    IT IS HERE FINALLY...AFTER BRICKING MY OWN IPHONE AND RESEARCHING, I'VE GATHERED THESE INFORMATION TO UNBRICK, ACTIVATE, JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK WITH LATEST FIRMWARE...

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR EASIEST WAY TO DOWNGRADE 1.1.3 THEN SCROLL DOWN TO THE END.

...I AM JUST GATHERING THE INFORMATION, ALL CREDITS GO TO WHOEVER DID IT...

1] RESTORE : (NOTE: THIS CHANGES YOUR MODEM FIRMWARE, SO READ ONCE AND DECIDE)

CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO iTUNES AND HIT RESTORE. IT WILL SET TO YOUR FACTORY SETTING AND TO LATEST FIRMWARE

- NOT THE SHIFT RESTORE

- THIS WILL SOLVE THE " REPAIR NEED" PROBLEMS

- ALSO IT WILL CHANGE YOUR MODEM FIRMWARE TO 04.02.13_G ( DO NOT PANIC)

2] ACTIVATE, JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK ( NOTE: THIS WILL WORK ONLY IF YOU HAVE 4.6 BL)

******THIS WAS DONE ON VISTA, IT WILL BE SIMILAR ON WINDOWS XP*******

YOU DO NOT NEED TO GO BACK AND FORTH. YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOWNGRADE IF YOU USE THIS APPLICATION...

Step One

Download ZiPhone from: here
    CHANGE THE ****** WITH FILEFRONT DOT COM

Step Two

Double click ZiPhone.zip on your desktop to extract the folder ZiPhone..

Step Three

Press the Windows key and R at the same time to bring up the Run window. Type in cmd and press the Ok button to launch the Command Prompt.

Step Four

Type the following command into the Command Prompt to navigate to the ZiPhone directory:
    cd Desktop/ZiPhone

Step FIVE

Execute the command ziphone to see all its possible uses.

Step SIX

The program will prompt you to put your iPhone into recovery mode. To do this please hold down both the Sleep/Wake and Power buttons until you see the Apple logo. Once the Apple logo appears release only the Sleep/Wake button until you see the iTunes logo and cable on the screen.

Step SEVEN

If you have a 4.6 BL iPhone you can now activate, jailbreak, and unlock! Just simply type in this command:
    ziphone -a -j -u

Step EIGHT

The program will now search for zibri.dat. Then it will search for the iPhone. Once found it will tell you to wait for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Step NINE

After this time your iPhone will reboot and it will be activated, jailbroken, and unlocked!!!!

THANKS***: Big thanks go to Zibri

ORIGINAL PAGE WAS LOCATED HERE

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comm...commentsanchor

As I Promised, I will show you this method of EASIEST 1.1.3 DOWNGRADE

In this method I will show you the easiest way to downgrade to 1.1.3 without messing around with iPhuc or anything else. It is easy and simple.

1) FIRST THING YOU WILL DO IS CONNECT YOUR iPHONE TO iTUNES AND MAKE SURE THAT IT IS NOT IN DFU MODE. JUST LET IT BOOT IN REGULAR MODE.

2) ONCE IT IS CONNECTED TO ITUNES. HOLD HOME BUTTON (FIRST, i PREFER THAT) AND SLEEP BUTTON. KEEP HOLDING IT UNTIL IT SHUTS OFF COMPLETELY.

3) HERE COMES THE TRICKY PART,...AFTER THE PHONE SHUTS OFF WAIT AROUND 1 SEC AND LET GO THE SLEEP BUTTON BUT KEEP HOLDING THE HOME BUTTON. HOLD IT FOR ABOUT 10-12 SEC.

NOTICE: THIS TIME YOUR iTUNES WILL SAY THAT IT HAS DISCOVERED iPHONE IN RECOVERY MODE, BUT iPHONE SCREEN WILL BE COMPLETELY BLANK,...NOTHING AT ALL. IT WILL LOOK LIKE IF THE PHONE IS OFF. [ If you go in to DFU or regular than repeat this steps again. It needs little practice. It took me 2-3 times to do it, so don't worry if you can't do it once. ]

4) NOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IS TO RESTORE TO 1.1.1( OR ANY YOU WANT), IT WILL WORK, UNLIKE IF YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT IN DFU MODE IT KEEPS SAYING PREPARING THE PHONE OR ELSE...

5) ONCE IT IS COMPLETELY DOWNGRADED TO 1.1.1. AND WHEN YOU SEE IT IS IN RECOVERY MODE. REDO THE DOWNGRADING TO SAME FIRMWARE. IN THIS CASE RE DOWNGRADE TO 1.1.1.

NOTICE: IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS STEP AND USE iBRICKER TO REBOOT IT WILL SHOW GREEN SCREEN.( IT DOESN'T SAY ANYWHERE THAT YOU NEED TO RE DOWNGRADE TO SAME FIRMWARE BUT THAT IS SOMETHING I'VE FOUND OUT)

6) DONE !!! YOU ARE NOW ON 1.1.1, YEY....

THE ONLY THING IS DIFFERENT IS YOUR MODEM FIRMWARE WILL BE CHANGED BECAUSE YOU WERE ON 1.1.3 BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE YOU CAN FULLY UNLOCK YOU PHONE EVEN IF YOU HAVE LATEST MODEM FIRMWARE, BUT ONLY WITH 4.6 BL

I JUST WANT EVERYONE,WHO HAS SUFFERED THIS TO BE HAPPY AGAIN.

AND IF YOU LIKE MY POST PLEASE HIT AT THE CORNER

If you need any help just reply to this thread

CURRENTLY I AM LITTLE BUSY WITH MY COLLEGE NOW...BUT I WILL TRY TO GET BACK ASAP...
    Last edited by /\/\@D /\/\@/\/; 2008-02-12 at 06:11 PM. Reason: moe stuff

2. The Following User Says Thank You to /\/\@D /\/\@/\/ For This Useful Post:

shunter (2008-02-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I have a question, the unlock only works on BL4.6, but can the jailbreak and activate be done on a phone with BL3.9?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I have a question, the unlock only works on BL4.6, but can the jailbreak and activate be done on a phone with BL3.9?

Thumbs up holy god man
    who is this zibri dude and why isnt his picture posted on the front page of wikipedia and google as the definition of god and savior? will be donating this payday for damn sure keep up the good work dude. and also to everyone else involved.
    16gb iPhone4 black

If I helped you in anyway please hit thank you.

Default How Bout a Mac Tutorial
    Let's see the MAC tutorial as well.

This looks promising, but the fact that so many have run into problems with a JB 1.1.3 still keeps me on my 1.0.1 (yeah, thats right) iPhone.

I'll probably just wait until the SDK, and the supposed "unbreakable" new firmware... Yeah RIGHT!

SOOOO...

Question for anyone and everyone: I have not been paying attention since I easily jailbroke my 1.0.1 phone... What is bootloader? The above tutorial says I must have bootloader 4.6. Assuming that is 'hardware' and I have a June iPhone (the very first one), does that mean this ziphone method won't work for me? Or only unlocking won't work? I did a bunch of research - never found simple explanation. Please help me out here. THANKS.
    Last edited by iamse7en; 2008-02-12 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Added Question

Well I am not sure because I haven't seen anyone trying that but you can UPGRADE directly to 1.1.3 and if you don't like it then use the 1.1.3 easiest downgrade method, which you can find here now, I am just going to put it now.

zibri WANTS TO STAY ANONYMOUS AND HELP OTHERS...

HEY iamse7en , I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO DO IT MAC BUT IT WILL BE ROUGH BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE MAC...I'LL POST IT UP

Talking zIpHONE FOR MAC USERS: ROUGH DIRECTIONS
    OK...i HAVE FOUND SOMETHING ABOUT HOW TO USE ZiPhone ON MAC[/SIZE] BUT IT WILL BE ROUGH BECAUSE I PERSONALLY DO NOT HAVE A MAC.

HERE IT IS

Go here to download Special Mac OS X Version:

http://www.**********.com/files/9107...ongun.zip.html
    REPLACE *** WITH RAPIDSHARE

-Then drag and drop the unstuffed folder on Terminal in Mac OS X
    - use the left arrow to move to the first place and add "cd " (example: cd /library/user/....)
    - hit enter
    - type "chmod 777 ziphone" ->hit enter
    - type "./ziphone"

or whatever you want... like "unlock"-> "./ziphone -u"

Installer that is installed by default. But under General - Reset - might only have the following:

- Reset Keyboard Dictionary
    - Reset Network Settings
    - Reset Home Screen Layout

Have fun...

GREETING,
    /\/\@D /\/\@/\/

Default Working Mac version?
    OS X version apparently fixed.

I managed to wipeout the baseband on a hardware upgrade and got the repair needed sign. I can get to the activation screen on 1.1.1 after DFU downgrading from 1.1.3. And actually managed once to activate on 1.1.3. with ziphone but when I tried to unlock afterward I lost everything and now can only manage to get to the activation screen in 1.1.1. Any ideas on how I can get a baseband and IMEI loaded so Itunes recognizes the phone and maybe Ziphone can finalize it's process? Thanks

hey
    [B][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"]Device: [COLOR="Red"]iPhone
    [COLOR="Black"]Firmware: [COLOR="Red"]1.1.4 Jailbroken, unlocked through ZiPhone, Modded, Customized

To be HONEST, the same thing happened to me. I was messing around with that and erased my IMEI and ICCID. I don't remember what exactly I did that erased, but who care about that. NOW, to the point...

Can you tell me if any or IMEI or ICCID has any numbers?
    If none has any numbers and if it is just showing UNKNOWN then try downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak,...OKPrep and update 1.1.2.

Let me tell you my story.

I had 1.1.2OTB
    &
    When restored my phone. It got restored to 1.1.3 and my modem firmware got changed to 04.02.13_G. It is common. After the restore It was showing IMEI number but ICCID was still unknown...then It did lot of downgrades and upgrades to check( I mean lot more than 5). But since I (shift) updated to 1.1.3, it is also showing ICCID number. I don't have any ideas how it happened but I am pretty much sure that If you will restore you phone then it will repair the phone with at least IMEI showing. If It doesn't workout try downgrading to 1.1.1 jailbreak and go to 1.1.2 using OKtoPrep.

IF THIS DOEN'T HELP THEN TELL ME WHAT YOUR PHONE IS SAYING...

/\/\@D /\/\@/\/

Thanks for your quick response and sorry for the lack of information.
    I started the same as you with a 1.1.2 OTB, I have done a bunch of downgrades and upgrades always with shift restore (DFU and normal) I can't jailbreak on 1.1.1 (or at least I don't know how to) as the phone will not recognize the call button so I canīt get in through the keypad system. I use Ibrikr .91 to get to the activation screen and that is as far I can go. Once here I try the ziphone and it gets as far as wait for 45 or 2.5sec and then it hangs and I need to force the phone off with power/sleep and back to restore mode. I think if I could activate and JB on 1.1.1 then an upgrade to 1.1.3 might do the job. I always get an error 11 on all FW downgrades and upgrades.
    When I have the activation screen in 1.1.1 I get "repair needed message Iphone cannot make or receive calls" on the phone and itunes tries to recognize the phone and gives a "can't connect to phone sim with pin or no sim installed. Install SIM to activate".
    So basically if there is a way to jailbreak this phone, I can try to repair the baseband with the installer programs or maybe there is a way to flash the baseband from my computer without JB. In activation screen I can see there is unknown IMEI and ICCID. Hope I haven't missed much!

If I am not wrong when you are on 1.1.1 and when you try to jailbreak, You just can'ttt. because the dial pad doesn't work.It just freezes, right???

OK I got. I had exactly same problem. first you need to restore the phone.

Connect your phone to iTunes and enter the recovery mode. ( use the regular recovery

mode not the one I showed you for 1.1.3 downgrade)

When iTunes detects just hit RESTORE (not shift restore)
    -let it restore to 1.1.3 and its original settings.

Now when you will be done you should not get that "repair need" error message. In fact you will be able to dial. so once that is done. you can downgrade to 1.1.1 o use ZiPhone.

---If above doesn't solve the problem then just try to Shift restore to 1.1.3 or keep repeating this steps. I am pretty much sure that It will work after couple of tries if doesn't happens at once

If I am not wrong when you are on 1.1.1 and when you try to jailbreak, You just can'ttt. because the dial pad doesn't work.It just freezes, right???

OK I got. I had exactly same problem. first you need to restore the phone.

Connect your phone to iTunes and enter the recovery mode. ( use the regular recovery

mode not the one I showed you for 1.1.3 downgrade)

When iTunes detects just hit RESTORE (not shift restore)
    -let it restore to 1.1.3 and its original settings.

Now when you will be done you should not get that "repair need" error message. In fact you will be able to dial. so once that is done. you can downgrade to 1.1.1 o use ZiPhone.

---If above doesn't solve the problem then just try to Shift restore to 1.1.3 or keep repeating this steps. I am pretty much sure that It will work after couple of tries if doesn't happens at once

Thanks, I will keep trying and maybe now with Ziphone 2.0 things will catch. If I succeed I will let you know.