Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie with some questions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Newbie with some questions
    Whats up Guys? I have a 16gb iphone not the 3g one. I have a contract with AT&t but I want to get the full use out of this phone. I want to jailbreak it and add apps to the phone. I was wondering if anyone can tell me which jailbreak program to go with. I downloaded Ziphone, but I see there are some issues with it. I am looking for the most user friendly or easiest to go with. My Iphone is Version 1.1.4
    I have not done the update for version 2.0. Can anyone please guide me to the promise land????? Thanks

there is no spoon......................

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok that was helpful

Use pwnage if you are on mac, winpwn if you are on winblows. Pwnage is the best tool to use. This will put installer and cydia on your phone for you and give you a custom firmware. If you use the expert mode when you use pwnage, do not check to activate your phone. iTunes will activate it for you. I would just stick to the Standard mode if I were you

......epic

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mtwiford For This Useful Post:

robeeen (2008-09-04)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtwiford View Post
    Use pwnage if you are on mac, winpwn if you are on winblows. Pwnage is the best tool to use. This will put installer and cydia on your phone for you and give you a custom firmware. If you use the expert mode when you use pwnage, do not check to activate your phone. iTunes will activate it for you. I would just stick to the Standard mode if I were you
    Thanks, I have windows so I guess I can use that. Is there anything else I need to know while I am doing the jailbreak?

I was wondering where can I get winpwn? Is there a place on this site that has the download?
    Last edited by raggs456; 2008-08-27 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Here is the link for quikpwn release 3. Its even easier than winpwn

http://xs1.iphwn.org/releases/QuickPwnRC3.zip

......epic

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mtwiford For This Useful Post:

robeeen (2008-09-04)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtwiford View Post
    Here is the link for quikpwn release 3. Its even easier than winpwn

http://xs1.iphwn.org/releases/QuickPwnRC3.zip
    Thanks man, i hit the thanks button LOL
    Hey I am going to try to do this this weekend. If I have any issues I will be asking you. One more time thanks

No problem, let me know if you need anymore help

......epic

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there anything I should know when using quikpwn release 3? Is there like a guide or something I just dont want to brick my iphone.

Not that I know of, you wont brick your phone. I did it before the mac version was available, it was easy. By the way what thanks button did you press? It needs to be the one by the quote button to the right of your screen. Not a big deal, I just didnt see it.

......epic

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtwiford For This Useful Post:

chronometre (2008-08-28), highplains (2008-09-02), raggs456 (2008-08-29)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I download the file from the link you gave me, but when I go to run the program I get this message,

QuickPWN.exe-.NET Framework Install Error v2.0.50727

Just wondering if there is anything else I need?

Thanks

Here is a guide

Quote Originally Posted by raggs456 View Post
    Is there anything I should know when using quikpwn release 3? Is there like a guide or something I just dont want to brick my iphone.

Ok, once you download QekPwn RCS3 to your Desktop, extract it there. Then, inside the folder right-click over the QwkPwn.exe and extract it again. You'll get a few folders, inside that folder containing all of the newly extracted ones drop a copy of your FW into it (ie 2.0.2 *make sure you got the right one for the iPhone, not the iTouch). Next, run the exe in that folder that says QwkPwn.exe. There ya go. It shouldn' crash the app and will Jailbreak a new OTB iPhone running 2.0.2 in a minute or so. That's how I did mine.

Any questions ask. -fin

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

raggs456 (2008-09-02)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Ok, once you download QekPwn RCS3 to your Desktop, extract it there. Then, inside the folder right-click over the QwkPwn.exe and extract it again. You'll get a few folders, inside that folder containing all of the newly extracted ones drop a copy of your FW into it (ie 2.0.2 *make sure you got the right one for the iPhone, not the iTouch). Next, run the exe in that folder that says QwkPwn.exe. There ya go. It shouldn' crash the app and will Jailbreak a new OTB iPhone running 2.0.2 in a minute or so. That's how I did mine.

Any questions ask. -fin
    Thanks for the info will try this.