Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Plain N Simple! HELP ME! :)

Default Plain N Simple! HELP ME! :)
    ok ill make it simple hopefully someone makes it simple for me to JAILBREAK.

Device: Iphone 3G 16GB

FW: 2.0.1

Carrier: AT&T with Contract

OS- Windows XP

I want to upgrade to 2.0.2 and JAILBREAK that firmware, what software do i need?

Im confused with all these programs, quickpwn, winpwn, pwntool, etc.....they should just make ONE program that does it all!

Thank you.

Pwnage will do just that. Winpwn is the WinPC version. QuickPwn doesnt support 2.0.2 quite yet.

Read and understand the directions first however, make sure you understand them.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Pwnage will do just that. Winpwn is the WinPC version. QuickPwn doesnt support 2.0.2 quite yet.

Read and understand the directions first however, make sure you understand them.
    you left me nowhere....i got windows Xp, and from what I heard "Pwnage" is only for MACS....

Read my post, I said Winpwn for WinPC (Windows XP).

Upgrade to 2.0.2 through Itunes first.

And actually, the newest version of Quickpwn will now work for 2.0.2

So, after you upgrade through Itunes do this:

1. Download Quickpwn from QuickPWN (newest version)

2. Download another copy of firmware 2.0.2 (can get from downloads section here), make sure it is the one for your phone ie 2G or 3G

3. Extract quickpwn (read the readme) and place the .ipsw file (firmware file) in the same folder as quickpwn.

4. Run quickpwn, follow what it tells you. Should take you about 5 minutes to jailbreak.

Your good to go!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it Quickpwn or Pwnage tool that's having problems with passwords not being saved?

Anyhow if you have problems with email and voicemail passwords come back to forum search as it can be fixed real easy.

IphoneCrazy

^^ I've heard spotty for both. I've done several with pwnage and quickpwn, knock on wood no problems.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

cheers