Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 1.0.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone iancallaghan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Firmware 1.0.2
    I am stuck on 1.0.2 firmware - How do I upgrade or how can I install 'installer'? Any help would be appreciated.

Ian

stuck on 1.0.2 firmware
    elaborate stuck; the process that caused its current state. if bricked, i suggest http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...irginizingTool

How do I upgrade
    put the phone in recovery mode and follow prompts to Restore or if iTunes recognizes the device, select Update.

how can I install 'installer'?
    Jailbreak first.

Quote Originally Posted by iancallaghan View Post
    I am stuck on 1.0.2 firmware - How do I upgrade or how can I install 'installer'? Any help would be appreciated.

Ian
    So by "stuck" do you mean you bought the phone OTB (out of the box) as 1.0.2 and just never jailbroke it and would now like to jailbreak it? If so I can help ya out. I was still running 1.0.2 but jailbroken up until last night, and finally decided to upgrade to 1.1.3 and jailbreak. It's pretty easy, but you should put a block of time of about 3 hours aside to do it. This wont be fast that's for sure.

Ok, check out this AWESOME guide HERE***THIS GUIDE IS ONLY FOR AT&T USERS***.

It'll walk you through the whole process. My advice is to be patient, stick to the guide, DO NO panick, and prepare. Download all of the files required ahead of time. That means click on ALL the links provided in the guide to dl the firmware files, updated iBrickr, and make sure your Java is up to date too.

One thing I found that the guide wasn;t great at explaining, is getting into DFU Restore Mode, over just the normal Restore Mode. Here's the easy way to get into DFU Restore Mode. Turn up the speaker volume on your PC/Speakers. When you hold down both the POWER and HOME buttons don't watch the iPhone, but listen to your speakers. Soon as you hear the phone DISCONNECT release the power button but continue to hold the HOME button down. Now, as soon as you hear the phone RE-CONNECT, then release the home button and watch for the bubble notice to appear in your PC's task bar. It should say DFU etc in the notice when that bubble pops-up. I had NO problem getting into DFU Restore Mode by following the sounds of disconnect/reconnect. Ok? Any questions just ask.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iancallaghan's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought it jailbroken on 1.1.2 and i updated thru installer to 1.1.3. Then it all went wrong and crashed and i got the itunes and usb cord screen. I restored thru itunes.

The link you put on didnt work please can you let me know what the link is?