Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why do I keep getting locked up

Default Why do I keep getting locked up
    I get so afraid to add stuff from Cydia because i get lockups that force me to hard reset and then I get stuck at the boot screen.

This has me rebuilding this (@&#(@* thing over and over. What could be causing this? I am on 2.0-.1 custom by the way

I have experienced the same thing. I feel it's 2.0 firmware combined with the jailbreaking. When I recently upgraded to 2.0.2, everything ran smoothly. Friends of mine who have att with 2.0 and no jailbreak report no problems.

I think this is more a problem with how cydia works then with the firmware persae, once you install something from cydia it seems to take a long time to finish installing after it claims to have finished and says return to cydia. You have to wait for the spinning cog to finish top left, normally I install something, then press home once and then wait for the springboard to re-appear which can take maybe 1 to 5 minutes depending on what you installed. If you are re-booting while it is still trying to install the app that will be why you end up having to restore. I have run cydia on 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 and have never had a problem with it.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac