Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I've searched, but can't find the answer! Firmware 1.0.2

Default I've searched, but can't find the answer! Firmware 1.0.2
    So I've never updated the firmware on my phone becuase I always knew at some point I'd want to hack this puppy. I still have the original 1.0.2 on it.

Well I'm ready to try now, but I'm not sure which firmware I should start at. All of the tutorials seem to involve 1.1.2 or higher, but none of them show me how to update my phone without bypassing 1.1.2 and going straight to 1.1.3.

So my question is, should I leave the firmware I have now? If so, what tutorial would I follow, the 1.1.2?

Or should I upgrade to a different firmware?

Thanks for any info!!!!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-02-10 at 09:58 PM.

Start at 1.1.1. It is the easiest and i think best way.

Upgrade to firmware 1.1.1 and go to jailbreakme.com on your iphone and scroll to the bottom and run the jailbreak at the touch of a button. Let your phone load and you will be good to go.

To upgrade to 1.1.1, go and download the 1.1.1 image off of this sites downloads area. Then hold option and click update if your on a mac, or control if your on windows. Choose the 1.1.1 firmware and go for it. Smooth sailing once you get on 1.1.1 and go to jailbreakme.com. If you should choose to go to 1.1.2 its simple as well.