Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.3-3 Soft Update. Does it still go DFU after hard reset?

Default Dev Team 1.1.3-3 Soft Update. Does it still go DFU after hard reset?
    I have read numerous threads of people who soft updated using the installer to JB 1.1.3, having an issue that whenever they do a hard reset on the phone ( power and home button ) or the the phone crashes that the phone goes into DFU mode every time. They then have to use ibricker or independence to kick out to be able to use it.

My question is, has this issue been resolved with Dev JB 1.1.3-3 soft update? Was this an issue only with 1.1.3-1 and 1.1.3.-2 ??

I have been for a week now trying to find an answer to this with no success. I want to upgrage my phone, but i can't take the risk of it going DFU on me and i am on the road..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i want to know this as well

I did upgrade and downgrade to my 111 OTB many times...just for fun..for learning...have no issues at all...

Quote Originally Posted by backstabin View Post
    I did upgrade and downgrade to my 111 OTB many times...just for fun..for learning...have no issues at all...
    I am not really asking if the upgrade procedure works, what i want to know is if the phone still goes DFU after doing a hard reset.

Just did a hard reset here and no DFU mode. I've done it a few times before and have yet to have it enter recovery mode, so all appears to be well!

Quote Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
    Just did a hard reset here and no DFU mode. I've done it a few times before and have yet to have it enter recovery mode, so all appears to be well!
    Same here, no problem.
    Locked 1.1.1 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.1 --> Upgraded to 1.1.2 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.2 --> Upgraded to 1.1.3 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.3 --> Upgraded to 1.1.4 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.4 with zIphone --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 2.0.2 with QuickPwn
    Network - Vodafone GR
    Call In/Out - Working!
    Youtube - Done!
    SMS/Edge/GPRS/Wi-Fi - Working!

I'm kind of scared to do this update again. Last time I tried it I got an error stating that something was corrupt and to contact apple store. I really started ftrskibg out cause I couldn't get it to go into DFU mode at first. I'm using nates version right now which is stable and has no problems. But its also no longer available in the installer. So if I try this and it doesn't work right again, I'll be stuck with 1.1.2. Agh! Decisions decisions...

where and when is nates jailbrak on installer ? Why not there anymore anyone?
    Last edited by dickhaut; 2008-02-11 at 02:21 PM. Reason: misprint

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    I have read numerous threads of people who soft updated using the installer to JB 1.1.3, having an issue that whenever they do a hard reset on the phone ( power and home button ) or the the phone crashes that the phone goes into DFU mode every time. They then have to use ibricker or independence to kick out to be able to use it.

My question is, has this issue been resolved with Dev JB 1.1.3-3 soft update? Was this an issue only with 1.1.3-1 and 1.1.3.-2 ??

I have been for a week now trying to find an answer to this with no success. I want to upgrage my phone, but i can't take the risk of it going DFU on me and i am on the road..
    YES.... i JB mine on sunday and it happend,.... and i just did it again and it still happen.... N E 1 KNO WHERE NATE'S JB SOFT UPDATE IS.....

wow, some say it works, others say it doesn't... LOL

I think i am going to wait a little while longer. The forum is flooded with people with nothing but problems with version 1.1.3. It sure has some nice new features but I dunno if it is worth the hassle right now.

Upgraded mine yesterday and yes it happens for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    wow, some say it works, others say it doesn't... LOL

I think i am going to wait a little while longer. The forum is flooded with people with nothing but problems with version 1.1.3. It sure has some nice new features but I dunno if it is worth the hassle right now.
    Hmm, upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3 using THIS GUIDE last night and have ZERO problems. What upgrade did you all use? I used the Dev Teams, not Nates. Problem free here.

This is only a problem withe the DEV TEAM Upgrade. Nates does not cause this problem.

I am just trying to figure out why some are having the problem and others are not.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I read that you can use iBricker to kick your phone out of DFU. I did the Jailbreak and had this happen to mine but I haven't tried it again since it's such a pain in the *** to get it back to a JB 1.1.2. If I take the plunge I'll keep you posted.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i have tried downgrading, upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 numerous of times and each time goes to recovery mode after a hard reset... Im now on the 1.1.2 iphone. 1.1.2 is the way to go atm until the problem is 100% solved. The saying goes, dont fix it if it aint broken clearly applies here.