Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.2 to 1.1.3

Default 1.0.2 to 1.1.3
    I have an iPhone running 1.0.2, jailbroken and sim unlocked.

I'm really confused how to easily upgrade to 1.1.3, with jailbrake and sim unlock.

Can someone tell me the quickest and easiest way to get there?

Also does anyone know if 'JohnTool' (which Erica Sadun created for me) works in 1.1.3?

Many thanks.

i am in the exact same boat! if you find something out please let me know!!!

Thanks

Here you go,
    Guides section on this site and iunlock.no have loads of info as well.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31137

PS.

The search tab on the top right, is a very usefull tool.

I know there's a lot of these threads, but I'm still very confused with the best way to upgrade. There seems to be new ways introduced everyday, and some of the guides are probably out of date.

Can I go straight to 1.1.3, do I need to go 1.0.2 > 1.1.1 > 1.1.2 > 1.1.3?

I think I want my baseband upgraded as I have the problem of my signal being lost when on standby.

PS. I'm using OSX.

I went from 1.0.2-1.1.1-1.1.2-1.1.3,

I followed the guides at iphone.unlock.no, they were really helpful, all you need to do is add their source on installer and follow the instructions on their website.

basically, virginize, upgrade to 1.1.1 (all automatically done through installer), then upgrade to 1.1.2 (automatic, plus a few things you have to do) then easily upgrade to 1.1.3. check out their site and you will know what i mean:

http://www.iphone.unlock.no/
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHK For This Useful Post:

manike (2008-02-13)

I'm having trouble unlocking it at 1.1.2 stage?

Did you do that?

Also how did you unlock it at 1.1.3 so it can use any sim card?

Isn't it possible to revirginize, upgrade to 1.1.1, then upgrade to 1.1.2 and then use Ziphone and anysim 1.3?

help, help help, help help!!!!

I followed instructions on www.iphone.unlock.no, and got to the point of jailbraking 1.1.2. I installed OktoPrep, upgraded to 1.1.2, then ran the jailbreak.jar. However it didn't seem to work. I was left with the 'connect to itunes' pic on the iPhone. So I restored 1.1.2 in iTunes. Now jailbreak.jar won't run as it thinks OktoPrep wasn't installed.

Please help! :-(

Tried restoring back to 1.1.1, and that hasn't worked either. Phone stuck in recovery mode. ::Cry::

Edit: okay, read that i need to run iNdependence, but it wont run with iTunes 7.6. Where do I get 7.5?

EDIT: nightmare after nightmare! installed itunes 7.5 didn't work with iNdependence. installed 7.4.. now get message
    "Failure : Error registering for callbacks from iPhone"

EDIT: Argh! after all that crap, i realised that the jailbreak.jar has a button to boot from recovery! Guess I should have used that when jailbreak.jar failed.

EDIT: Okay, back on 1.1.1. But AnySim won't work now! Will nothing go to plan tonight?!?!

EDIT: Need to install Baseband Downgrader...

EDIT: Sim unlocked, but getting 'No service' message. Restored 1.1.1 again. All back working. Few, off to bed....
    Last edited by yoshimi; 2008-02-14 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had the same issues with jailbreak.jar...it didnt reboot multiple times like it said...only once and then left me with connect to itunes...im hearing a lot of these stories... Huge pain in the *** since you have to downgrade the baseband manually each time and try again...i eventually just gave up and left it at 1.1.1 unlocked/jailbroken. at least my phone works, i'll wait until someone has a reliable way to 1.1.1 > 1.1.3.

Could the problem with jailbreak.jar be caused with me running iTunes 4.6?

bump
    Last edited by yoshimi; 2008-02-15 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I had what you have now and i got now an 1.1.3 iPhone jailbraked, activated and unlocked with anysim... I was on 1.0.2... everithing is working, if somebody need my help try to find me in msn msnger by metal_714 @ hotmail. com

Thanks

I had a 1.0.2 OTB phone. Just restored it to 1.1.3 through iTunes and then used ZiPhone 2.2 to unlock, activate and jailbreak it and I'm able to use the phone to make/receive calls, SMS, etc.

I'm tempted to try the ZiPhone method, even though I swore not to try upgrading again, after thinking I'd bricked my phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimi View Post
    I'm tempted to try the ZiPhone method, even though I swore not to try upgrading again, after thinking I'd bricked my phone.
    Any easy/"failsafe" (just extra safety precautions) guide to upgrading to 1.1.3 can be found HERE