Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What If I Dont Care About Being Unlocked/Pwned Anymore

Default What If I Dont Care About Being Unlocked/Pwned Anymore
    Apologies if this has been answered before but a quick search returned no good result.

anyways, i have a 2.0 unlocked and pwned iphone which i was able to do thanks to this forum!

the reason why i did it was becaue i was leaving out of the country and wanted to use a plug and play prepaid sim card in Asia.

Now that im back, i dont really care so much.

so can i just update 2.02 through itunes with 0 problems? what exactly should i expect upon doing this?

You should probably restore. That will clear everything out and give you 2.0.2 Just remember to back up everything so you can Restore from backup.

restore to what? lol im a nubz

at this point, cant i just click download and install on itunes?

Thanks

You can, and once itunes finishes, set the phone up as a new phone not from a backup b/c you might have some issue if you do it that way. You will have to input your email acct's.

do i just lose email accnts? or do i lose everything? meaning texts, contacts?

I would just sync, and then upgrade to 2.0.2. Then restore from backup if you need to.

Then....IF you have any problems on 2.0.2 (which I doubt), you can always restore again using the option of setting the phone up as new.

This way, you get everything back as it is now (email, call history, phone settings/preferences, notes, voicemail, sms history, etc). If you have to go back and restore/setup as a new phone, then all you've really lost is 15-45 minutes.

YMMV.