Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ARRRRG! Cannot jailbreak nor activate 1.1.1 ..... I have no sim

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Default ARRRRG! Cannot jailbreak nor activate 1.1.1 ..... I have no sim
    I don't have a sim so I can't jailbreak 1.1.1 or activate. I'm about to pull my hair out.

Can someone tell me how to bypass activation with NO SIM?

EDIT: ended up buying a sim, but there still needs to be a fix for this.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-02-10 at 08:43 PM.

Hmmm...activation without sim card>?
    Isnt it like first night without bride?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Very helpful.

Anyone?

I was going to try to do it this way: http://nanocr.eu/2007/07/03/iphone-without-att/

but I don't know anything about magic numbers and I don't know how to edit and save the auto files.

Shouldn't have to do all this anyway. Gotta be a simple way to activate this damn thing.

I was hoping to take it to 1.0.2 and use paycay and ibrickr, but I don't think my baseband will allow it. I tried to do it anyway since I have been doing this for 4 hours and I'm frustrated as hell. It stuck on "waiting for iphone". I even downloaded 7.4.2.4 itunes since it has been known to help with resore issues. I never expected it to work, and I wasn't dissapointed..... it didn't. Just sat there at waiting for iphone when trying to stick 1.0.2 on it.

Back in the day I was jailbreaking 1.0.2 phones easily, but I can't use ibrickr with 1.1.1 and I cannot use the 1.1.1 paycay because I cannot get the damn thing past the activation screen to jail break it.

My situation:

no sim
    not jailbroken
    stuck on activate screen

4 hours into a very large headache and I just want to activate so I can get rocking.

How?

can I go down to 1.0.2 using a certain iTunes version?
    Last edited by one1; 2008-02-10 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default No Sim...
    I dont think I am really qualified to answer, as every other week I'm begging for help with some new issue. But 4 out of the 9 times I've restored, I have done so without a sim. *#307# should work fine for you. Did you try *#301# as well? All you should need is wifi in the house. If you still can't get any of that to work, why not just go pick up one of those pre-paid sims. You can get them like anywhere,(even seen them in quick check) and they're pretty cheap.