Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Downgrade 1.1.3 OTB?

Exclamation How to Downgrade 1.1.3 OTB?
    Ok, can someone please help me? I bought a 16Gb iPhone today. It is 1.1.3 OTB. I have tried evry possible way to downgrade it through iTunes. I have put the phone into DFU mode and Restore mode. I have tried downgrading to 1.1.1 in iTunes 7.5 and 7.6. Every time i tried downgrading to 1.1.1, but it keeps giving me the "error (1)". I know that this means that the phone is not in Restore mode. But the phone really was in Restore Mode.

Does anyone know what to do? Please Help!!!

Thanks and God Bless!

Does itunes say that it has recognized an iphone in restore mode or not.

if it does, downgrade to v1.1.2 first then v1.1.1.

Same problem here, can't downgrade 16gb 1.1.3 to 1.1.1, getting same error (1) before restoring. I did try to go first to 1.1.2 but it is same.
    Any solutions ???

Just didi it, try this I am sure it will work.
    It is important to restore to 1.1.1 twice

Press and hold-down both the Power and Home buttons.
    Release the Power button when you see the phone disconnects and disappears from iTunes. This takes place in about 10 seconds. The iPones screen is black.
    Release the Home button when you see the iPod re-connects and re-appears in iTunes. Again this happens in about 10 seconds.
    The screen should still be black!! now navigate to your 1.1.1 FW (.zip) and the restore process should go fine..
    After restore you get error; ignore it. Now do a 111 restore again and after that (same error 1015)
    Close itunes & open independence to activate it..
    Last edited by dekidj; 2008-02-09 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dekidj For This Useful Post:

alnklf (2008-02-09), kingskid07 (2008-02-09)

Quote Originally Posted by dekidj View Post
    Same problem here, can't downgrade 16gb 1.1.3 to 1.1.1, getting same error (1) before restoring. I did try to go first to 1.1.2 but it is same.
    Any solutions ???

Just didi it, try this I am sure it will work.
    It is important to restore to 1.1.1 twice

Press and hold-down both the Power and Home buttons.
    Release the Power button when you see the phone disconnects and disappears from iTunes. This takes place in about 10 seconds. The iPones screen is black.
    Release the Home button when you see the iPod re-connects and re-appears in iTunes. Again this happens in about 10 seconds.
    The screen should still be black!! now navigate to your 1.1.1 FW (.zip) and the restore process should go fine..
    After restore you get error; ignore it. Now do a 111 restore again and after that (same error 1015)
    Close itunes & open independence to activate it..
    amazing! thanks for sharing this...saved a phone