Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 OTB to 1.1.1 (worked after a few tries)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 1.1.3 OTB to 1.1.1 (worked after a few tries)
    Success unlocking/jailbreaking 1.1.3 OTB 16GB iphone, just bought today!

SO I will start off that this method worked after a few tried like this. Please do not PM me about it because (as of right now) I am not yet sure why one try worked and the others did not (I think i was 1/3 or 1/4 sucesses). This is on Windows Vista

Make sure you have all the firmware files except 1.0.2 isn't needed. (So you need 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3)

1. Enter DFU
    2. Load ibrickr version 0.91 (other versions crashed for me on Vista)
    3. Click the start downgrade to 1.0.2 button (screen turns white and itunes loads saying it found iphone in recovery. If itunes didn't load, then load it)
    4. Hit yes for itunes recovery, shift-click restore and point it to 1.1.1 (I know we said 1.0.2 before but just do 1.1.1) You can probably do 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 but that failed for me before too so I find it a not needed step.
    5. Typical error once restore goes through, boot from restore mode.
    6. Awwwww man! It reboots and it's still in restore mode!?!?!
    7. Restore 1.1.1 again as per above method.
    8. Try to boot from recovery mode (you can use ibrickr for this or w/e else you like)
    8a. With one of my phones it took me 2 restores, with the other it took 3, so all may not be lost if it takes a couple tries. I guess give up and start from scratch if you have over 5 unsuccessful tries!

9+. Do what you will from here on out. Wasn't a jailbreaking tutorial, just a downgrading tutorial from OTB 1.1.3. Don't believe posters who say it can't be done!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

backstabin (2008-02-09)

Wow...it was easy..hehe...thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by backstabin View Post
    Wow...it was easy..hehe...thanks
    Glad I could help
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Hey, thanks for posting this. I am having a little trouble though. Could you please help me? I also bought a 16GB iPhone OTB 1.1.3. I am not a newb! I keep getting an erron in iTunes. It gives me error 1. I know this means your iPhone is not in restore mode or DFU mode, so could you please help me out? I would really appreciate it. Thanks and God Bless!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlubbat View Post
    Hey, thanks for posting this. I am having a little trouble though. Could you please help me? I also bought a 16GB iPhone OTB 1.1.3. I am not a newb! I keep getting an erron in iTunes. It gives me error 1. I know this means your iPhone is not in restore mode or DFU mode, so could you please help me out? I would really appreciate it. Thanks and God Bless!
    did you use ibrickr?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

dlubbat (2008-02-09)

yeah, I used ibrickr and did the "begin to downgrade to 1.0.2"...My screen turned white and itunes poped up and said that the iphone was in recovery mode. I hit ok and then it trys to take me throught the activation process in iTunes. BTW, I am using iTunes 7.6. I dont know if that matters