Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.3

Default 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.3
    Ok firstly
    i have searched and can only find tutorials for Mac.

I am on windows and wondering the most effecient way to upgrade to 1.1.3

Sorry to those who's this thread anoy's. I have searched google and the forum.

Need more info...are u using ATT or others...and tehres 3 or 4 tutorials on top of this page

Ok so i searched again more and found this thread

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....1+1.1.2+window

I have followed the steps now im told to

8. Download the 1.1.2 Jailbreak pack. Just google it.

Googled it, found the file.. run windows.bat.. and it opens a command prompt and closes immediatly..
    and my phone is displaying "Incorrect Sim"

Please help
    Last edited by Proficient; 2008-02-09 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks

update your PC to the most recent version of Java.

done, same problem

opens a command prompt for a millisecond. then nothing

Tried it on another system and the Windows.bat crashes immediatly

need help urgently guys my phone is down and i need it urgently this week.

I dont have the original sim card
    it was a 1.1.1 OTB upgraded with independance but i no longer have access to a MAC
    i am on vista and i need help urgently, i will beg for your help
    i really cant afford to restore my phone either as i have so many contacts i need to keep!

Please help guys, anyone Please.
    Last edited by Proficient; 2008-02-09 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Make sure u extract ALL the contents of the zip file (i think thats where ur going wrong at, at least thats what I did wrong) but yea extract all of them to the same folder then hit windows.bat

Let me know how u make out
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Try to download diferent jailbrake 1.1.2..have problem with couple of files there ...or try to redownload again

man this is doing my friggen head in

i FINALLY got it to work

then continued to follow the instructions..

i got the 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 upgrade from installer and then it took over an hour to install and run through..

it Finally gets off the "Attempting to reboot screen" and loads up.
    But still need to unlock the sim

then i update installer, and it resets.. now it wont start up..
    it has the plug into itunes image..
    i plug it into itunes
    and i tunes says " There is aproblem with your iphone"

i feel like im about to throw this thing at teh wall.

Please tell me after all the stress of getting it to where 1.1.3

that now after thinking i had saved all my contacts.. that now i will have to restore.. If i can even do that

Thanks

Can you reboot the phone with iBrickr? Try that. You can also search for the installer fix and try that if you can access via Putty.

If you do have to restore again ( I had to go through the process three times on two different phones before it worked right) . The first thing you should do when you get to 1.1.3 is install BSD Subsystem and Open SSH.

I also found with my phone rebooting after getting to 1.1.3 and rebooting after installing BSD subsystem helped a great deal. You may also want to move apps wiht Boss tool and reboot. Do all of that before updating installer. I had problems if I updated installer above the beta version until after moving the apps.

If you dont move apps right away you run the risk of running out of space with the very first app, its a large one, (installing summerboard did me in ) .

I have no idea if unlocking precludes doing any of the things I suggested since I am not unlocked.

Thanks

Can you reboot the phone with iBrickr? Try that. You can also search for the installer fix and try that if you can access via Putty.

If you do have to restore again ( I had to go through the process three times on two different phones before it worked right) . The first thing you should do when you get to 1.1.3 is install BSD Subsystem and Open SSH.

I also found with my phone rebooting after getting to 1.1.3 and rebooting after installing BSD subsystem helped a great deal. You may also want to move apps wiht Boss tool and reboot. Do all of that before updating installer. I had problems if I updated installer above the beta version until after moving the apps.

If you dont move apps right away you run the risk of running out of space with the very first app, its a large one, (installing summerboard did me in ) .

I have no idea if unlocking precludes doing any of the things I suggested since I am not unlocked.

Thanks

Seriously. You should have just stopped at 1.1.2, at least it's stable.

now you probably have to get in DFU mode and downgrade to 1.1.1, you'll get 1013 error (or something similar), jailbreak it, install community sources and i.unlock.no to Installer, download the baseband downgrader and the baseband virginizer, then boot your phone, then do another restore to 1.1.1 in itunes. Jailbreak 1.1.1, oktoprep and update to 1.1.2.

And I'd stop there for now
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Seriously. You should have just stopped at 1.1.2, at least it's stable.

now you probably have to get in DFU mode and downgrade to 1.1.1, you'll get 1013 error (or something similar), jailbreak it, install community sources and i.unlock.no to Installer, download the baseband downgrader and the baseband virginizer, then boot your phone, then do another restore to 1.1.1 in itunes. Jailbreak 1.1.1, oktoprep and update to 1.1.2.

And I'd stop there for now
    To live, you have to lie

It is a 1.1.1 OTB i beleive.
    I dont have my ATT sim.
    Direction, please.

I follow this tute
    http://www.hackthatphone.com/112/iph...k_windows.html

i have gotten all the way through and gone to jailbreakme.com
    i install appsnap
    then it sits at teh Activation screen and Springboard does not load.
    It still has the This Sim is not Activated in the middle of the screen.

Please help.
    Last edited by Proficient; 2008-02-10 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost