Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Volume keeps going down.... BY ITSELF!

Exclamation Volume keeps going down.... BY ITSELF!
    I recently unlocked an OTB 1.1.2 and then updated to 1.1.3. While the update was going on, I saw that the speaker icon appeared and the volume started going down. I thought it was a "normal" process for the update. But it keeps happening, and I'm about to throw away this thing as I am running out of patience . Is anyone else having this problem? Or does anyone know what this is about? Thank you so much for anything and everything.

i recommend u to restore and do it all over !!

Check the volume rocker switch on the left hand side of the iphone. Mine got stuck or something came loose or broke and the switch would not lift up once you let go of it. The end result was that there was no way to raise the volume without it almost immediately going all the way down again. If that isn't the case, I would follow the above poster's advice and start over by restoring the iphone and going through all the steps over again.

P.S. I took the phone back to the Apple store and they replaced it at no charge once they verified the problem was hardware related.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-02-09 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

anyone have a reason why the volume is going down all by itself on my 4th Gen shuffle?