Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using Official 1.1.3 Upgrader With TurboSim

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Using Official 1.1.3 Upgrader With TurboSim
    Hey Guys, Im a new guy to this site and just wanted to ask a question. I have a unlocked 1.1.2 iPhone with turbosim. now can i use the official 1.1.3 upgrader in the installer just straight like that to upgrade it to 1.1.3, or do I have to do anything beforehand? I had it done professionally, so I dont want to do anything to mess it up. Thanks Guys this is a great site!

Default Yes.
    Hey there,

Im usin my iphone in new zealand with a turbosim.

My answer to your question is yes.

This is because the current methods of jailbreaking are "soft upgrades" which only upgrade you to get the features of 1.1.3, but doesnt upgrade the baseband. the baseband is the phone software that interacts with applesaft on your turbosim.

But make sure that at no stage do you upgrade your baseband firmware to that of 1.1.3. If you do, the turbosim wont work. this is because there are added IMEI checks in 1.1.3's baseband, so applesaft doesnt work.

So, you can upgrade to 1.1.3 with installer usin the official method, but thats all you should do.
    Want some help PM me and ill answer it asap

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so all i have to do is go into installer, download "official 1.1.3 upgrader" and install it and it will work fine with turbosim?

restore back to 1.1.1..Jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com (there is many guide for that) After that install the Geohots Gunlock Script ( that will unlock your 4.6 boot loader)... Update to 1.1.2 and then un the official 1.1.3 jailbreak.... Thats it no more need to use turbosims
    If your phone and sms app crah after that install iworld in installer ! Hope this help