Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!!! iPhone won't restore!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Help!!!! iPhone won't restore!!!
    Ok. I HAVE NOT Jailbroken my phone; all I was trying to do is update to the newest firmware on iTunes!!! Now, my iPhone will only boot up to the screen with the iTunes logo w/usb cable. When I open iTunes, I am prompted to restore the phone, otherwise it won't work. I click on restore and it goes through the process, only to stop and hang at the very end of "getting iPhone ready to restore". I am SUPER pissed, as I've only had the phone for a week, after Apple and AT&T jerked me around for 3 weeks! Can anyone help me?

Thanks

I had same problem upgrading to new SW, I put the phone into DFU mode and restored it worked like a charm. Have a look in guides section think there is a guide on how to do it if you haven't done it before.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well, it went further, this time; still no luck. It got to the point where there's a spinning circle, under the Apple Logo, but then iTunes says something to the effect of cannot restore. An unknown error has occured(9). I'll try it again...

After each try, the process went further and further. Finally, after the 4th try, MONEY!!! You have made my day, thank you!
    Last edited by Kareen; 2008-08-22 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost