Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to upgrade without losing apps/data

Exclamation How to upgrade without losing apps/data
    Can someone tell me how I can still have all my apps from the appstore and cydia plus have all the data saved on those apps, etc after upgrading from my 2.0 jailbreak to 2.0.1 jailbreak?

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post Yup.
    I had the same question yesterday and did some googling and searching and ultimately found some answers. Being a long-time lurker I figured I should try to give something back so here goes:

There's an application that will do this automatically, however it's for OS X and if I remember correctly you have XP. For others that find this the app is iBaReS (formerly known as iBackup). Info at iBaReS | Google Groups

I've not tried this but most of the information that you will want to save/copy is in the var/mobile/library so if you SSH in and copy that possibly along with the applications folder and the User/applications, restore/upgrade your phone then replace the new ones with the backed up ones you should be good... Like I said I haven't tried this but if everything gets erased anyway it isn't going to hurt... Good luck!