Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0.2 Jailbreaked!!!

Exclamation 2.0.2 Jailbreaked!!!
    How to jailbreak 2.0.2 in windows (worked for me!)

0) Make sure you have the original 2.0.1 ipsw (not jailbroken)
    Located in:
    a) CDocuments and Settings\*USER HERE*\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
    or
    b) CUsers\**USERNAME**\AppData\Local\Apple\Apple Software Update

1) Update to 2.0.2 in itunes
    2) Load QuickPWN, select your device, load the older firmware, then let it do it's thing.
    3) Tada! You're ahead of the curve

OR you can simply <shift> <check for Update> click.

Quote Originally Posted by vinodis View Post
    OR you can simply <shift> <check for Update> click.
    Yes I agree. My preferred method of update is downloading someone's jailbroken firmware and Shift-Click updating it. Much easier :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question NEED 2.0.2 Jailbroken TO TEST SIGNAL
    WHERE _ it is ...someone's jailbroken firmware ...if somebody post it please let me know...i would like to test if my iphone stops loosing signal and NO SERVICE stops...i am using Universal xsim...thats why i need someone's jailbroken firmware 2.0.2 thanks...

Hey guys, me again. I did this on my touch yesterday & didn't realize it might not work on the phone as well. I was able to get 2.0.2 jailbroke & install cydia/installer with quickpwn. Then install bossPref & ssch. (& of course ssch into the phone) Someone elsewhere said this wouldn't work b/c of a partition issue but it did. I'll attest to it.

However, there's another thread about this on gizmodo here:
    http://gizmodo.com/5039822/quickpwn-...-iphone-os-202

The last comment reads: "DO NOT use this if you ever plan on unlocking your 3G iPhone. Wait for the full pwnage tool. The iPhone dev team has stated this will also upgrade your radio baseband which you DO NOT want to do if unlocking your phone in the future is in any way important to you."

So you probably shouldn't do this w/ the phone. I haven't messed w/ the phone just the touch so I'll leave that up to you guys. I'm sorry if I caused anyone any trouble.
    -Peace out

7. The Following User Says Thank You to balicus For This Useful Post:

OneRing2Rule (2008-08-21)