Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just a few random questions....PLEASE HELP

Default Just a few random questions....PLEASE HELP
    these questions are dumb, but they will help me actually UNDERSTAND jailbreaking better. please help me out

***if it helps, please assume all of these questions are for an already jailbroken iphone 3G running 2.0.0.

1. in general, is it ok to hit ok when itunes asks me to upgrade to the current version thats out?

2. assuming i want to stay jailbroken, whats the drill when trying to update to a new firmware (currently trying to go from 2.0 to 2.1)? is it the exact same process from when i jailbreaked the first time?

3. if it is the same process, does it automatically keep my 3rd party apps? (if not, how do i keep them?)

4. im afraid of bricking my phone. what are the things that i need to not do to keep from bricking it.

thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ok first off when itunes asks to upgrade it wipes the phone clean.. no jailbreak no third party apps.. usually the drill is to just download and not install.. i alway's come back here when a new firmware is out and read the forums.. usually you need to find a new way to jailbreak and can't use the same method's(not alway's the case).. everytime you update it wipes the phone clean.. and im kinda of newbie like you and don't really know awhole lot about bricking.. i just know when i get in trouble to restore in itunes hope this helps.. remember just search and someone probably has the same problem good luck

thanks for the help. by the itunes upgrade thing i literally meant upgrading itunes (not itunes offering me the new iphone firmware). definitely my bad for not specifying. i just upgraded to 7.7 and im about to sync, im pretty sure it'll be okay. we'll see...
    Last edited by 100chris; 2008-08-25 at 07:17 AM.

Thanks

just check back here to see if itunes is compatible with the most current version of pwnage.
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]