Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone App keep crashing... HELP!!

Default Phone App keep crashing... HELP!!
    Hi jailbreakers,

i have iphone 3G 2.0.1 jailbroken not too long ago... everything seem to work just fine but the phone app... crash sometime. Last time it took 2 day till it work again... but i didn't do anything to it though... it just work. Did i forget to install something or what... any suggestion?????

thanks
    Last edited by ed3g; 2008-08-21 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed3g View Post
    Hi jailbreakers,

i have iphone 3G 2.0.1 jailbroken not too long ago... everything seem to work just fine but the phone app... crash sometime. Last time it took 2 day till it work again... but i didn't do anything to it though... it just work. Did i forget to install something or what... any suggestion?????

thanks
    This happened to me today too. In my case, it was a weird compatibility issue between two UI enhancement apps. I had the "System Font enhancement" from the "Kate" program enabled (In the General Settings app) on the backup file i restored from, and a Winterboard dialer plugin. In any event i disabled the System Font enhancement and unchecked the dialer. After that i rebooted and the issue went away.

Funnily enough after the problem was resolved, i re-enabled the Kate font enhancement and had no further issues.

Give it a try...I hope it works!

thanks Jaysonic88 for the help... but not working for me

2 things i want to add... first, for sure i'm not an expert on these jailbreak thing (if there any expert who live close to Monterey Park, CA please help me out)
    second of all, i notice that when i open "Intaller App" the featured section still have welcome note said " This is a beta version (4.0b5-4 of installer blah blah.... can any body tell me what to do here... or this is normal

thanks