Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Final answer on Customize app for 1.1.3?

Default Final answer on Customize app for 1.1.3?
    I've searched a few forums, read up on issues on the development page, etc. and I can't find a solid answer on this.

The way thespicychicken.com talks about 1.1.3, you would think there there is no issue.

The way everyone else talks about 1.1.3, you can see there's clearly a problem with the app crashing before it even opens past the spicy chicken loader screen.

Some people say load it 7 times, some say 4.

Some say you need to load it with a launching app, some say you have to SSH to the phone and alter the permissions.

All I ask is that someone who knows what they're doing/talking about look into this, or if I've somehow missed something, point me in the right direction.

When it comes down to it, all I want in the end is custom ringtones on my iPhone. And I'm not about to pay for some ringtone app, or download "legit" music on iTunes so I can convert it.

Any help is appreciated.
    <3
    Last edited by manupodinvictus; 2008-02-07 at 01:00 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Custom Ringtones without SendSong on 1.1.3
    If you want to make a custom ringtones added to your iphone without paying and without sendsong here is the easy way using itunes.

Open Itunes.

1. Find your mp3 file that you want to make as a ringtone.
    2. Make sure your iTunes importing settings are such that AAC is selected for importing.
    3. Right click on the mp3 file that you picked click the Get info.
    4. On the Start time add the time you want your ringtone to start and on end time on the song you want
    to end. Ringtone must be only 30 seconds long.
    5. Then right click on the song again then select convert to AAC.
    6. Drag the file from the iTunes playlist to your desktop and change the .aac file extension to .m4r
    The file will change to a ringtone icon once you hit yes.
    7. Double click the ringtone from your desktop then the ringtone will automatically added to your
    ringtone on itunes.
    8. keep reapting step 1-7 from adding more ringtones. Once you are done Plugin your iphone on your
    computer then sync it. all the ringtones you made will be added to your custom ringtones under settings -
    sounds.

Carrier: Tmobile
    Apple iPhone 8gb : FW 1.1.2 Unlocked
    EDGE: $5.99 Tzones Plan
    Email: YES
    SAFARI: YES
    MAP: YES
    YouTube: YES
    WEATHER: YES
    STOCKS: YES

That's not what I'm looking for.

I'd really just like to get Customize working on my phone. Period. Don't care if I need to use 1.1.1 or .2 or .3

Because I want to use custom text message sounds too.

Quote Originally Posted by manupodinvictus View Post
    That's not what I'm looking for.

I'd really just like to get Customize working on my phone. Period. Don't care if I need to use 1.1.1 or .2 or .3

Because I want to use custom text message sounds too.
    i dont know if you've done this yet, but i always had to install some customize items like apple batteries before i could get customize to work. Try it out it might work...

I had the same thought. I went ahead and installed a few sound packs and image packs, but to no avail.

Any other thoughts?