Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Difference between 2.0.1 and 1.1.4 iPhone 2G

Green Apple
    Thanks

Question Difference between 2.0.1 and 1.1.4 iPhone 2G
    What are the advantages and disadvantages between the 2 firmware versions?

I cant deside if I should downgrade to 1.1.4 or not.

When I got it it had 1.1.4 installed but i just upgraded it to 2.0.1 without using it so I dont really know how it was with the older FW.

Please dont flame me for asking this stupid question (mostly everyone talks about "should I upgrade to 2.0* or not") got me interested in it.
    Plus most of the replies are no, 2.0* is crap, keep the 1.1.4 FW.

basically 2.0 has the app store, which you may or ay not like. 1.4 has tons of programms in cydia and installer. however lots are getting ported right now. i think you will find the 1.4 scene STARTING to wind down as more people move to 2.0, it'll take awhile tho...

Green Apple
    Thanks

well, i do see that there are more apps apearing in cydia now but i remember that there where like 10x more when i just loaded cydia under 1.4 but i never checked into it and upgraded to 2.0.1...

I will attempt to downgrade to 1.1.4 and see. I guess I can always go back to 2.0.1 when the time comes.

Thanks for the reply.

EDIT:
    The directions here where awesome.

successfully downgraded the 2.01 iPhone 2G back to v1.1.4.
    only took 1 try and everything works.

Cydia took a little time to update and OMG there are a load of packages/apps on there i never seen before.

I will stay with the 1.1.4 till the time comes to get 2.0. Keep up the good work.

Thank you all again.

EDIT2:
    Well, I spoke to soon. Some of the stuff does not want to install gives me script errors. one of the programs is: (region fix for 1.1.4) it errors out there are also others that do this...

Am I doing something wrong?

I already jailbreak it and unlocked it...

EDIT3:
    OMG, now settings does not open...

Now i'm missing something. this is getting anoying.

I will reverginize the phone and try again... Hopefully I will not have problems.
    Last edited by wolvorine4424; 2008-08-20 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost