Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 16GB - 1.1.3 OTB Successfully Jailbroken... Tips*

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 16GB - 1.1.3 OTB Successfully Jailbroken... Tips*
    Hey, I have successfully jailbroken my new 16GB, but want to point out a few things.

- A successful DFU is necessary! I have 'dfu'd' and waited until the screen on my phone was black, let go, and the recovery mode error popped up o my computer and I was fine, this time, won't work - Hold down home until black and the error pops up on the screen!

- Though you are otb 1.1.3, still restore to 1.1.3 (Make sure you do this restore even though you are 1.1.3 otb)

- Your first error on this phone will be 'error 9' when downgrading to 1.1.1. No prob, just dfu and restore.

- May take Independence a minute to bring you out, or whatever your windows counterpart, but wait it will come out!

-Yay! No more spinning when I move my apps to mobile. Enjoy!

UPDATE: Scroll down to read info from bhz1. Great, key tips. Especially about 'rebooting' during different phases of jailbreak. Great work!
    Last edited by techgirl; 2008-02-09 at 07:04 AM.

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

So are you running 1.1.1 jailbroken?

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wine_guy View Post
    So are you running 1.1.1 jailbroken?
    i think hes running 1.1.3 jailbroken but he got a different error code when restoring 1.1.1 instead of Error Code 1015 which is the normal one...but i could be misreading it as well. but im pretty sure a working phone restored from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 would not have phone capabilities.
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

Thanks

I'm running 1.1.3. Jailbroken, Activated w/ Phone capabilities. The error from a 1.1.3 otb downgrading is error 9. Just didn't want folks to be alarmed as I was. In fact, almost just left it alone, but was so damn bored without my phone, started experimenting. Lol

so what do you do after you are in 1.1.1 just get oktoprep or what?
    Im stuck in 1.1.3 with my out of box 1.1.2

Is there a particular guide you used? I can't wait to do this
    17" Macbook Pro C2D 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM

16GB, Stock 1.1.4 Until The Bugs Are Worked Out...

8GB, Jailbroke, 1.1.1-Never Had A Prob With This One...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am helping my friend downgrade his new 16gig and I keep getting an error (1) any tips?

Default Somthing's not right in the state of Denmark
    Just looking for some clarification...(that's all)

No offense to you or anything, techgirl, but Obviously your first post said that your phone was sucessfully jailbroken, however, your second post on this thread indicates 'phone capablities' which could be taken by someone as being unlocked (now someone, as in anyone that just bought an OTB 1.1.3 iPhone wanting to unlock it and jumping to conclusions based on the 'phone capabilities' comment) So maybe some clarifying points are in order?

and Tiger1981, if you look at the main Jailbreak/Downgrading/Upgrading forum at the top the sticky for this thread: http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29358

will tell you how to jb your OTB 1.1.3 phone if you are an actual AT&T customer that (as that thread indicates) has the ability to activate your phone legitly (is that a word? heh) through itunes.

ian_frs you can also refer to that thread as it indicates that error 1 means that the phone is not in DFU restore mode.

Remember people, patience is a virtue....jumping to conclusions will make your life more stressful...unless you were me and jumped to buy the iPhone on initial release day...then life is good...

I just bought a 16gb and its Jailbroken.

I used EffeXTC's guide.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techgirl View Post
    I'm running 1.1.3. Jailbroken, Activated w/ Phone capabilities. The error from a 1.1.3 otb downgrading is error 9. Just didn't want folks to be alarmed as I was. In fact, almost just left it alone, but was so damn bored without my phone, started experimenting. Lol
    So... What you do to jailbreak this 1.1.1? Use original AT&T ?
    I'm not realy understand your method
    Explain the jailbreak and unlock steps
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

Yeah, I saw that guide earlier, but I forgot to mention that I'm on a Mac (the guide is for Windows XP). Thanks.
    17" Macbook Pro C2D 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM

16GB, Stock 1.1.4 Until The Bugs Are Worked Out...

8GB, Jailbroke, 1.1.1-Never Had A Prob With This One...

Congrats! But I won't upgrade my iPhone until the iPhone goes 3G. Screw a bigger HDD. I need faster browsing, and I need it STAT.

Hey, can someone help me?

I just bought an 8GB iphone like 5 days back. I am not sure what the firmware is. I am guessing 1.1.3. How to I jailbreak it? Do I have to downgrade to 1.1.1 first? or is there an out of the box jailbreak and acivation solution??

Please help!!

Thanks

Follow EfexTC's guide to the letter , including restoring 1.1.3 first. You want to always restore as a "new iPhone" To prevent any errors in losing your iTunes stuff, just rename your iTunes folder on your desktop to somehting else (afdter you are done rename it back to iTunes and resync making sure you scroll down on teh info page in iTunes and check the boxes where it says to copy what is on your computer to the iphone.)

If you are ATT: when you get to the final step where you are redoing 1.1.3 and it askes aboout hactivation say no if you have already activated your phone in iTunes. Also say restore as new phone! The guides say to say no to this but on 2 different iPhones, one 1.1.3 OOB and the other an upgraded version (old baseband), I had problems unless I told it to treat it as a new phone.

Once you are jailbroken, reinstall BSD subsystem and openSSH on your iPhone, then install Boss Tool and have it move everything- fonts, ringtones AND applications. Do this before installing any other apps or face the spinning wheel or frozen apple logo and going through the entire process all over again.

Also, it isnt clear in some of the other how to posts, but its really important to reboot after re installing BSD subsystems after the final jailbreak. Also if you install Summerboard, reboot immediately! Do not start swapping themes or your phone will freeze up. Happened to me on both phones (thought I would have learned from the first one? )

Reboot often while installing apps.

Things to keep in mind:

If you are stuck at the spinning wheel or frozen apple logo, and if you have SSH on in your phone, you can go in via Win SCP (or any other similar program) and delete the most recent app. you installed that caused this. You need to know the phone's IP address so look that up and write it down before you do any mods, just in case. You also have to do this fairly quickly before the phone freezes up again. If that happens do a hard reset (press power and home until screen goes black and immediately release both buttons. If the apple logo doesnt come on, just press power) The login via Win SCP again

A bit convoluted I know but after going through triple jailbreaks on two different phones, these were the lessons learned.

Not to be dense but where is EfexTC's guide? There's only a bazillion of them out there. Also, a lot of other people tell you to say YES to hackivation no matter what...this is soooooooo confusing. Personally I have tried it FOUR TIMES and still it does not work.

Never mind. Found it. Duh.

Last edited by HelioPause; 2008-02-09 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Aiyeee... - Phone capabilities means just that... I can use my phone. I have AT&T. I didn't write a guide because there are tons out there, and you can also do the exact same thing that you can to downgrade from 1.1.2 OTB, you just get different errors. This may be a deterrent to some, but will still work.

ian_frs - If you are getting error 1, that means that you are not putting your phone in DFU mode. Press the home and power buttons simultaneously, let go of the power button after 10 seconds, this will put your phone in DFU. Then proceed.

The link below is a good guide for 1.1.2 otb or 1.1.3 otb -

http://nawafx.com/page4/page4.html

i got this msg
    incorrect sim:
    insert an unlock and valid sim to activate iphone

oh this msg is when i tried to jailbreak it. any suggestions??
    Last edited by PoP!; 2008-02-09 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You are going to get this message, just proceed to jailbreak. Are you on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 now?

i'm now after upgrading to 1.1.2 and i want to jailbreak it but it always saying cannot find any iphone/ipod. please connect it.

Thanks

It doesn't need to discover it. Just use the jailbreak program, click on jailbreak, not ssh, and it will jailbreak and restart. The rest can be done from installer... Go to installer click on 'official upgrader' and your done. Make sure you read Effecxtc's guide and the above comments. GL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast