Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Apple Logo and Spinning Wheel

Default 1.1.3 Apple Logo and Spinning Wheel
    Once I jailbroke 1.1.3 I started installing some apps and pushed the home button as usually it started spinning but it never stopped. My phone reboted itself it looked like it was fine then it started spinning again over the apple logo. Now it stays frozen there. It connects to iTunes and iBrickr fine. How do I fix without restoring and starting all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedT View Post
    Once I jailbroke 1.1.3 I started installing some apps and pushed the home button as usually it started spinning but it never stopped. My phone reboted itself it looked like it was fine then it started spinning again over the apple logo. Now it stays frozen there. It connects to iTunes and iBrickr fine. How do I fix without restoring and starting all over again?
    UNinstall what ever apps u install prior to the apple spinning problem.Leave ur phone on while its spinning connect to ssh and uninstall apps.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dnoc For This Useful Post:

bhz1 (2008-02-08), GimpedT (2008-02-06)

Alright try that if it happens again. I already downgraded and then upgraded back to 1.1.3. MY LIFE! :'(

Thanks

UNinstall what ever apps u install prior to the apple spinning problem.Leave ur phone on while its spinning connect to ssh and uninstall apps.
    This works great if you have a phone that was upgraded to 1.1.3 from a lower firmware. Just had this happen when I tried to install WeDict. You can login even at the apple logo. The minute i deleted teh WeDict folder my phone came back to life.

I dont think this works as well for an OOB 1.1.3. This happened to me yesterday as i was installing apps on my son's 1.1.3 OOB that I had just jailbroken. I was able to log in via WinSCP, but the Applications folder did not show the app I had installed. When I tried to access via the root applications folder it froze up WinSCP after telling me someting like access denied, forcing me to restore, rejailbreak and reinstall apps. On my upgraded iPhone i can access the applications from within the root/Applications or the private/var/applications folder.

Most of these issues are caused by not having enough space in the partition because installer cannot yet check free space and tries but fails to install properly, you need to unistall or delete non working apps, then when you have created space, install BossTool to create space more space in the partition. check the help files in bosstool it explains it all in detail and also tells you what your free space is

If installer keeps crashing and you cannot use it to uninstall You may need to SSH into your phone or use iphoneBrowesr to delete apps, another cause of installer crashing is often because you did not update to the latest version 3 before upgrading to 1.1.3 now I'm sure no one was foolish enough not to follow the guide properly so that should not be the cause but if this is your problem you need to manually install the new version 3 or go back to 1.1.1 and follow the guide properly. Also please not that many apps have not been updated to work with 1.1.3 yet so they will crash or fail to install properly because 1.1.3 changed the directory structure. There is a list elsewhere of working 1.1.3 apps and fixes for some.

The above is why many people have given up and moved back to 1.1.2
    Last edited by ericidle; 2008-02-11 at 06:26 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Default Iphone stuck on Apple logo and Spinning Wheel
    Hello all, I have an old iphone 8g. I clicked on Cydia and it show a message saying:

Reorganizing
    One minute!
    Please Wait...
    DO NOT STOP

I tried pushing the home button, but it wouldn't go back to the main screen. So I powered it off normally. Then I turned it on and the was an apple logo and after a few seconds, a spining wheel came on. It spined a little and then it stopped. The after a minute or two the iphone shuts off and the same screen comes back on. Please help me!!!! What can I do??? Thank you in advanced everyone.