Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide to Jailbreak 2.0.2

Default Guide to Jailbreak 2.0.2
    Saw all the news last night so made a little guide on what worked for us on 2 different 3G phones.

Little simpler then other guides i see popping up.

Guide

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cadsii For This Useful Post:

Acadian (2008-08-25)

freyes01
    Does this tool work on 2G phones and keep it unlocked?

yes it does

The problem for TMobile users when we upgrade to the 2.0.2 FW is that we will lack Cydia which means we won't be able to run the TZones hack. So, TMobile users won't be able to have an internet connection over EDGE if they upgrade to the 2.0.2 FW unless there is an official unlock for it which leaves them with the Cydia or Installer app.

Thank you, Very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by amiroo79 View Post
    The problem for TMobile users when we upgrade to the 2.0.2 FW is that we will lack Cydia which means we won't be able to run the TZones hack. So, TMobile users won't be able to have an internet connection over EDGE if they upgrade to the 2.0.2 FW unless there is an official unlock for it which leaves them with the Cydia or Installer app.
    update to 2.0.2
    follow guide
    then you will have cydia

Quote Originally Posted by cadsii View Post
    Saw all the news last night so made a little guide on what worked for us on 2 different 3G phones.

Little simpler then other guides i see popping up.

Guide
    Thanks for that.
    I'm new to all this, and picked up my iphone yesterday. Will jailbreak affect the warranty?
    Also can you get that version of QUICK PWN BETA from anywhere else, you have to pay on that site. Thanks.

Jordan

forget my last comment, i've downloaded all... will give it ago now!

Can the ipod be restored back to normal, if it damages it??
    Last edited by jordanogrady; 2008-08-20 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dunno about ipod but iphone can

I assume you cannot update within iTunes AFTER you jailbreak your phone? I've already done a jailbreak, added apps etc ... can I still update since itunes keeps asking me?

no you will have to jailbreak again

hi my iphone 16G locked how to activate locked iphone 2.0.2 without sim

Wow.
    How easy was that.
    Thank you.

is there anyone know why I keep stop in Performing operation 0, 100% after I put my 3G phone success in DFU? after that the quickpwn just doing nothing anymore! Try many times still the same situation!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Acadian's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak Successful
    Quote Originally Posted by cadsii View Post
    another guide using DEV team's preferred method

Iphone3G-Mods: Official DEV Team 2.0.2 Jailbreak Guide
    Thanks for the link, cadsii. I downloaded the files and followed the very simple instructions (no 20 minute YouTube vids or yards and yards of online reading) and my new 3g 2.0.2 was jailbroken in about 15 minutes, on the first try.

Cydia installed no probs and now I have access to all the apps and other items that I couldn't get hold of before (especially Winterboard for applying wallpapers).

Now just moving onto ringers and getting the file and installing PocketGuitar (not on Cydia anymore...).
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

Completed this procedure on an unlocked 2G but now the phone is no longer unlocked. Can someone help please?

UPDATE: Never mind...I ran bootneuter and I'm unlocked again.
    Last edited by truenorth; 2008-08-26 at 10:32 AM. Reason: update
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!