Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Holy **** what happened?! singleuser boot - fsck not done

Default Holy **** what happened?! singleuser boot - fsck not done
    I upgraded from unlocked/jailbroken 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 using the installer update. Initially rebooted the phone with no problem. The next time I rebooted I got the following:

===============

Singleuser boot --fsck not done
    Root device is mounted read-only

If you want to make modifications to files:

/sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /

If you wish to boot the system:
    exit

Feb 5 21:06:07 launchd[3]: can't exec /bin/sh for single user: No such file or directory

========

How do I restore from this? I tried Itunes but it doesn't recognize the phone.

Help please!

I have the same thing, can anybody help?

Quote Originally Posted by Bottle View Post
    I have the same thing, can anybody help?
    Put your iphone in DFU mode and restore to 1.1.4 with itunes.

You should never UPGRADE a jailbroken iphone/ipod. Always restore.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Put your iphone in DFU mode and restore to 1.1.4 with itunes.

You should never UPGRADE a jailbroken iphone/ipod. Always restore.
    Thats the problem, when i go to put it into DFU mode, the iPod just restarts back into attempting Jailbreak and freezing at the point stated above.

Right now i'm letting the battery drain, but i cant make it into DFU mode and it has no response when plugged into iTunes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Correct method for DFU: Boot phone... hold power and home until the screen turns BLACK... continue to hold home and let go of power (screen still BLACK)... plug into iTunes and within 15-20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode. Let go of home and hit RESTORE.

I just had this problem myself, twenty minutes ago, I seemed to interrupt a jail breaking through ziphone and fsked my iphone.

Reset the phone when you see the apple logo hold down the power and home button till you see and itunes logo with the usb cord connected, if you don't keep trying. It can take some nimble fingers.You can then go about recovering.

This took from iphone just now from a paperweight and restored to glory. I was shaking as I held a brick and read singluser boot... Try this solution.

i also have the same problem but i am a tad bit apprehensive about restoring because doing that would result in my iphone being upgraded to 1.1.4 while it was jailbreaked for 1.1.2 so i was wondering if this might brick my phone.....telll me guys should i restore it...will there be any problem

Quote Originally Posted by anirudhtewathia View Post
    i also have the same problem but i am a tad bit apprehensive about restoring because doing that would result in my iphone being upgraded to 1.1.4 while it was jailbreaked for 1.1.2 so i was wondering if this might brick my phone.....telll me guys should i restore it...will there be any problem

It would not be upgraded to 1.1.4 if you hold shift when clicking on the restore button in iTunes. Then you can choose which FirmWare to restore to. Now this is assuming you do have a 1.1.x FW file located on your PC somewhere.

Note:

I just had this happen to me after doing a clean Restore and While doing the upgrades for Cydia to make it a recent version - the iPod would lockdown automatically kind of half installing so I would have to go back and restart the install. (This is what screwed me)

So having to do a new restore now...make sure you either keep the screen active or change the timer setting in Settings to longer than 1 minute