Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • No I havent and am glad I didnt!

3 27.27%
  • Yes I did and man am I happy!

4 36.36%
  • Yes I did and boy to I regret it!

4 36.36%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: To Upgrade 1st Gen to 2.0 Or not to Upgrade?

Default To Upgrade 1st Gen to 2.0 Or not to Upgrade?
    Ok, So I have a first gen phone running 1.1.4. It works great no problems at all. I have done alot of reading and it seems there are alot of people that dont really like the new updates. So I figured I would start a poll to see if it is worth it to upgrade. Give me your thoughts if you have upgraded your 1st gen Phone to 2.0 or higher. Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default dont do it!!
    the new updates suck the big one!! i wish i could go back to the good old day's of 1.1.4

My first gen is on 1.1.4 and for me personally I can wait til 2.1 or an update that adds something I really want.

Right now my phone is fast, no problems, syncing is always fast and reliable.
    I have all the apps I want including video recording, games, utility apps.
    I have the old customize, summerboard, and theme builder which gives me great personalizing.

The Appstore is nice but nothing interests me in there that I already don't have... Well maybe Shazam.

It comes down to what you want out of 2.0+.

If you want to save pics off Safari and Mail, if you want the Appstore etc.. Then do it.

If your content like me then do it when a great update comes out.
    Also maybe by then the jailbreak/unlock will be a one button click again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to THEdAY For This Useful Post:

teamrev (2008-08-21)

Thanks "THEdAY" I pretty much feel as you do. I don't see a real reason to upgrade when every day I see post like: Phone app not working after 2.0.1 pwn, and problems after upgrading to 2.0.2 I think I will hang out awhile until I see something that I just cant live without. Thanks again!

I would not recommend it. I upgraded and my phone lost a significant amount of signal and experienced alot of dropped calls. I have noticed when you downgrade back to 1.1.4 you still have the 4.5.4 g baseband and signal still sucks till you bootneuter it back to 4.4.5. i have been wondering if it would be better if you could keep the same baseband and upgrade.