Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading iPhone 1.1.3 never jb then upgrading back to jb 1.1.3 w/ xp

Default Downgrading iPhone 1.1.3 never jb then upgrading back to jb 1.1.3 w/ xp
    ok so things your going to need are,

firmware
    1.1.3(incase you decide to puss out and unjb your phone)

programs
    WinSCP
    ibrickr ver. 0.91 and jailbreak 1.1.3 SE
    newest ver. of iPhuc(you can get this from youtube by looking up iphone 1.1.3 downgrade, many uders post links to this and the files you need to sucessfully downgrade to 1.1.1)
    1.1.2 jb

files
    lockdownd

you should be able to download all of these from links on youtube tutorials or something, look them up on google.

ok so here EXACTLY what your going to do
    • well first you have to start with a 1.1.3 unjailbroken iPhone
    • The main headings provide the basic information, and beneath it are the details. Just a couple of warnings up front: you'll lose your current 3rd party apps (oh noes), do not downgrade your baseband, and do not mess with or do anything with your phone or computer while it's doing an update. You'll also receive many bad sim errors all the way through the installation process, even on the last step.

so here goes:

3. DFU Restore to 1.1.1
    • Hold down the power, turn off iphone
    • When your phone goes black and you hear the disconnect beep, release the power button while still holding down the home button plug your iphone into your pc or mac
    • DO NOT open up iTunes! open IPHUC and it will tell you that your iphone is already in recovery mode, this is good, type in copytophone WTF.s5l900xall.RELEASE.dfu(you should of downloaded this file when downloading iPhuc off the youtube link) you should get a new line with that just has something then a :0 this mean you did it correctly pat yourself on the back
    • go back to iTunes
    • Shift click on RESTORE, and find your 1.1.1 file.
    • After the restore is complete you'll get the error 1015

4. Normal Recover to 1.1.1

After iTunes gives you an error about your first restore, shift-click and RESTORE again, and select the 1.1.1 file again. After the restore is complete you'll get the same error (1015) this is normal

5. iBrickr .91 to boot your phone.
    • Your phone should now be stuck with a connect to itunes message or something.
    • Extract iBrickr .91, and run the iBrickr.exe
    • Click "boot my phone"
    • Afterwards your phone screen should be red, and your phone will eventually boot up.

6. Jailbreak 1.1.1
    • Your phone will say something like "bad sim card" or whatever. This is fine, remember, we're not going to get the actual phone part to work until the last step.
    • Slide for emergency and call *#306#. Then call 0, Hit answer, then hold, then decline.
    • Now hit the contacts button. Make a new contact and give it two URL addresses. prefs: and jailbreakme.com
    • Save your contact and hit the prefs: URL, this will bring you to the services app.
    • Setup your wifi connection, and set the autolock to never, hit the home button.
    • Slide for emergency, dial 0, hit answer, then hold, then decline.
    • Hit contacts again, goto your contact and hit jailbreakme.com, then install appsnapp.
    • Your phone should now be a nice iPod touch.

7. Restore phone from backup or setup as new phone
    • iTunes will now recognize your phone, and ask you to restore from backup(if you have one).
    • I restored my phone at this point, because I wanted to keep all the pictures and contacts that I didn't backup. I guess you could just create a new phone if you wanted to.
    • Go ahead and restore (or don't). This WILL take a minute or two, make a sandwich or something

8. Prep for 1.1.2 Jailbreak
    • After the restore is complete, goto installer.app(on iPhone home screen for you noobs) and install Ocktoprep under 1.1.1 tweaks.
    • DO NOT install anything else at this time, including the installer.app update.

9. UPDATE to 1.1.2
    • Go into iTunes and shift click on UPDATE and select your 1.1.2 file. NOTE: DO NOT HIT RESTORE, shift-click UPDATE.
    • After this is complete you'll get an error.

10. Jailbreak 1.1.2
    • Extract the 1.1.2 jailbreak package and open the windows.bat file
    • Tell it to boot your phone.
    • After the boot is complete, don't bother with installing SSH, and tell it to Jailbreak your phone.
    • This jailbreak takes quite a while, and will boot your phone a few times IIRC.

11. Upgrade to 1.1.3
    • So we now have our 1.1.2 iPhone jailbroken w/o phone capabilities.
    • Extract the iBrickr 1.1.3 special edition and run the ibrickr.exe.
    • Follow the simple instructions in the application.
    • You should now have a 1.1.3 phone without phone capabilities.

12. Install BSD 2.0 & SSH
    • Run installer.app and don't bother downloading the new version yet.
    • Install BSD subsystem 2.0 under the system heading.
    • Install the latest version of SSH(should be called OpenSSH)
    • Exit out of installer.

13. Transfer lockdownd chmod 777
    • Install WinSCP to your PC and launch it.
    • Got into your settings app on your phone and find out your phones IP address.
    • In WinSCP click on NEW, type in your phones IP in the Hostname box, username is root, password is alpine. You can then click on the advanced options and connections and set the timeout to 60 seconds. Click Save.
    • Click Login, after about 30-45 seconds or so you'll be prompted with some big warning message, just hit OK. You should now be looking at your phones file system.
    • On the left side, navigate to the directory where you downloaded the lockdownd file. On the right side of the window, navigate to /usr/libexec.
    • Rename the phone version of lockdownd to lockdownd_old. Drag your new lockdownd file into this directory.
    • Right click on the new file you just transfered over to your phone (right side window), goto properties and set the permissions to 0777Hit OK, and then verify this just incase.
    • Disconnect your phone, close iTunes, Reboot your phone.
    • Open iTunes and then connect your phone. iTunes should instantly activate your phone.

DONE! Everything should work fine now, including your phone, the hybrid google maps, locate me, your default ringtones, and of course installer! Feel free to install all of your applications back! The only other thing I had to do in addition to all of this was re-add my gmail account. You may need to add one or two fixes via BigBoss's repository

o by the way,
    you guys need any help hit me up on aim,
    astrozombienm
    i'll be glad to walk you thru it
    Last edited by astrozombienm; 2008-02-05 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does this even work on OTB 1.1.3 and baseband 4.03.13?

i used and OTB 1.1.2 iPhone
    i honestly have no idea if it works with any other the newer OTB iPhones.
    you can try and i garentee you it won't screw up your phone, you can just reload your original firmware using iTunes if it doesn't work.

Did you have bootloader 4.6 or higher on your 1.1.2 otb phone?

Does anyone know which bootloader i have on my iphone modem firmware 04.02.13_g version 1.1.2 cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyg View Post
    Does anyone know which bootloader i have on my iphone modem firmware 04.02.13_g version 1.1.2 cheers
    you should have 4.6 or higher so you should be good to mod. Most OTB 1.1.2 iPhones have bootloader 4.6. Have you upgraded to 1.1.3? If you haven't keep it that way its much more difficult to jailbreak a 1.1.3 iPhone than a 1.1.2

Yes i upgraded, I had a 1.1.2 otb 4.6 bootloader that i upgraded to 1.1.3 ( i know, stupid) never jailbroken.

ok then all you need is about 1 hr 15 min, then you can get either 1.1.3 jailbroken or you can stay back at 1.1.2 jailbroken, you follow my tutorial except instead of downloading the 1.1.3 upgrade from installer.app just keep it at 1.1.2 and skip step 11, download BSD Subsystem 2.0 & SSH then make the phone work again

do these steps for a 1.2 iphone unjailbroken or unlocked and updated to 1.1.3 firmware. if so how is the baseband problem fixed to allow you to use the phone?? i have t-mobile.