Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stupid newb question

Default Stupid newb question
    Hello,

This may be a dumb question, but I just registered my next sim unlocked/jailbroken iphone on the apple website, because I want warranty coverage, should I have not done that?, and is there any way Apple can find out that I'm using T-mobile, and could they stop my phone from working?. Apple's website only asked for the serial not the IMEI. In other words did I mess up big time?

Thanks for any and all help!

Thanks

Your fine. Apple can't do a damn thing. Unless of course you bring it into them and they've found you mucked about with it. Then they'll void your warranty regardless.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

OK, thank you!. I was told if you do need warranty service that you can just restore and then take it to Apple and they would be none the wiser, any truth to that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nhlman View Post
    OK, thank you!. I was told if you do need warranty service that you can just restore and then take it to Apple and they would be none the wiser, any truth to that?
    Depends on the tech who takes a look at it, most just don't give a damn. So ya, its quite possible.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

nhlman (2008-02-05)

OK sounds good. I promise this is my last question, I know you said Apple can't do anything, but could AT&T?. I know it's probably the same answer, but I making sure I'm covering all the bases by making sure my phone won't be disabled by anyone. You've been very helpful, thanks for everything.