Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I use WinPwn 2.0.0.4?

Default How do I use WinPwn 2.0.0.4?
    I installed WinPwn 2.0.0.4 for on my pc but have no idea on how to use it on my iphone. Is there any guides available on how to jailbreak a 3g phone?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Do a search. There are MANY guides and how to. There are also guides right on the WinPwn site, so you shouldnt have any problems or need to be asking how to do it, unless you are asking to have it handed to you. In which case, good luck.

So i got a custom ispw built and it says that Itunes has been pawned and can now restore using the DFU mode but I try to put the phone into recovery mode using the WinPwn help by powering the phone off and then removing the sync cable and then holding down the home button while re plugging in the cable and then nothing happens. I have tried holding down the button for several minutes but no luck. Any ideas??

Ok heres what you need to do. I had many problems with this and I have finally figured out how to get it to work all the time.

What you need to do is put it in DFU mode. Put there is a little trick here in making sure the custom ISPW will get installed on your phone. You need to plug your phone in, wait for itunes to open and then close itunes. Once you close itunes hold the home and power button at the same time. After about 3 seconds you should see the power off slide button, keep holding the home and power button do not release it. After about 5-6 seconds on that screen it should go black, and at this point continue to hold both buttons down for another 3 second count. After the 3 second count release the power button but continue to hold down the home key. Your computer will eventually recognize your iphone in DFU mode and open itunes. At this point itunes will tell you, you are in restore mode which is ok. Then hold shift and click restore and find your custom firmware and load it. It will now work and you will get no errors!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CUBBIEblue16 For This Useful Post:

cardfelon (2008-08-17)