Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JailBreak 1.1.3 weird problems HELP!

Default JailBreak 1.1.3 weird problems HELP!
    Ok here is my issue. i have read this forum for about 4 days now trying to find a resolution to my problem.. so far no luck.. so now i am posting a question.

I have followed jailbreaking threads of both types. and then end result is always the same.

When using my JB 1.1.3 fone it will work normal for a while then suddenly it will not let me into anything on the phone. i will try to launch SMS. it starts to opens and then crashes or closes. i can do this till im blue in the face. i can change programs. and they all will do the same thing.

the only way i can resolve this is if i reboot the phone. but it will start doing it again sooner or later.. (about 30 mins)

also when the phone sits idle it will just freeze up or it will reboot its self and then all my contacts are gone. but everything else to my knowledge is fine.

the S/N for my phone is.
    5K802AH****

When i received this phone it was a replacement for my first phone due to defect. (speakers stopped working)
    The fone had 1.1.2 Out of the Box.

here is the phone info.
    FW 1.1.3 (4A93)
    Model MA712LL
    modem 04.03.13_G

So what should i do to resolve this.
    Right now i am sitting on factory Un-JailBroken FW.
    So if you have any ideas let me know.
    Thanks.

Mine is doing the exact same thing, but only with SMS and Calender. Right now, I use those two (along with phone) more than any application, 3rd party or not. Unless this is resolved, I'm afraid that I will have to restore! And of course, that means losing my applications ... Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamster View Post
    Mine is doing the exact same thing, but only with SMS and Calender. Right now, I use those two (along with phone) more than any application, 3rd party or not. Unless this is resolved, I'm afraid that I will have to restore! And of course, that means losing my applications ... Ideas?
    Sadly i am already at the point where i am with the factory FW 1.1.3

Even if i downgrade to 1.1.2 it still crashes and hangs and reboots.

What is your modem version and all of your other versions?

When you say downgrade, do you mean downgrade to a hacked 1.1.2?

Also, on a not so unrelated note:
    After I ran the upgrader in installer for Dev Team 1.1.3, I ran BossTool to move the applications, and wham bam all my old 1.1.2 applications appeared on my homescreen. Here's the kicker: ALL my applications reverted back to 1.1.2 versions. Google maps lost hybrid view and other differences, Safari lost its new interface, and no longer opened Springboard shortcuts. What did I do!?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamster View Post
    When you say downgrade, do you mean downgrade to a hacked 1.1.2?

Also, on a not so unrelated note:
    After I ran the upgrader in installer for Dev Team 1.1.3, I ran BossTool to move the applications, and wham bam all my old 1.1.2 applications appeared on my homescreen. Here's the kicker: ALL my applications reverted back to 1.1.2 versions. Google maps lost hybrid view and other differences, Safari lost its new interface, and no longer opened Springboard shortcuts. What did I do!?
    wow. i have no idea about the boss tool thing. i have never used that..

as for the downgrade.. i downgraded to 1.1.1 and then jailbroke back into 1.1.2.

sadly. i just tried it once more and to no avail. same situation.

sadly. i just tried it once more and to no avail. same situation.

Hey Dev team if you get a chance to read this. what do you think. haha

Can anyone help on this one?

This still remains un-answered..

Is there something i have left out that you need to answer anyone?
    Last edited by phoenixfire425; 2008-02-05 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have been reading your threads I think I may be able to help you guys

I had a iphone 1.1.2 out of the box I upgraded to 1.1.3 through itunes so I didnt have a jailbreak iphone.

I tried to use all these jailbreak methods but didnt work but now I have 1.1.3 jailbreak if this is what you want PM me I will try and help