Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OTB 1.1.3 Jailbreak Solution Anytime Soon???

Default OTB 1.1.3 Jailbreak Solution Anytime Soon???
    So I was wondering does anyone know if the Dev Team is working on a straight OTB 1.1.3 Jailbreak where no downgrading is needed?

Would be great, considering for some reason my computer will not let me downgrade iTunes to 7.5

For some reason 7.6 breaks the oktoprep when trying to Update/Jailbreak to 1.1.2?

So anyone know if an OTB Jailbreak is in the works?

Bump it
    Last edited by granka; 2008-02-04 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't think there's much likelihood of that, since there was never a downgrade-less jailbreak for 1.1.2. Apple left a big hole open with 1.1.1, and there's no way they're gonna find such a big hole in 1.1.2 or 1.1.3.

Many people have updated to jailbroken 1.1.3 even if they've got iTunes 7.6 (I'm one of them). I had a huge amount of trouble getting past the 1.1.2 jailbreak since I've got the latest baseband and bootloader, but this method worked like a charm. The only way I can almost guarantee it'll work is if you're on a Mac, and you use exactly the same software that's outlined in the process. Give it a shot, it's definitely worked for those of us who were frustrated with all other guides not working.

can a 1.1.3 otb phone be downgraded jailbroken and reupgraded that way?

or cant 1.1.3 otb be jailbroken yet? (I no 1.1.3 firmware can but i dont know if 1.1.3 OTB can)

Jailbreaking has never been a problem for "1.1.2 otb" or "1.1.3 otb" phones, as far as I know. I don't think you'll have any problem with jailbreaking, as long as you follow the steps. However, if your intention is to unlock the phone for T-Mobile or some other carrier, I highly suggest you get reading. I don't know much about that since I'm an AT&T customer.

The sticky thread at the top of this forum, something like "how to jailbreak 1.1.3 w/everything working" is a good place to start if you're an AT&T customer.