Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 1.1.3 for AT&T Users

wow! this step by step turtorial worked like a charm! took almost 2 hours to do. everything 1.1.3 has to offer works including "locate me" on maps.

I've done nate true's method but i found there were too many bugs and no matter what i couldn't get rid of the 500mb of "other" on my iPhone.

thanks for the turtorial. great job!
    Blah Blah and Blah

if i got an 1.1.2 OTB iPhone how can i upgrade & jailbreak 1.1.3 with 4.03 ** Baseband?

i dont know if this is a stupidquestion but i saw other people telling that if we upgrade the 1.1.2 otb via itunes to get the basebands upgraded we cannot downgrade it again?

how can i do it?

This is the WORST!! upgrade I've ever tried to install. I have a OTB 1.1.1 jb to 1.1.2 jb. Activated through iTunes. I have tried this method THREE TIMES now with no success. They have ALL been done using the Official Dev Team method. 1st time worked great until I updated Installer and then the phone immediately went into DFU mode. Downgraded to 1.1.1 and back to 1.1.2. Tried again. This time it just stayed at the Apple boot screen. Never would go any farther. Downgraded again. Next time I tried it it worked but ALL MY APPS were gone! Only Apps I had left were Maps, Notes, Calculator, Stocks and Installer. Nothing I did fixed it. I even tried iJailBreakMobile. That didn't even do anything at all! Sheesh! I'm almost ready to give up!

hey i tried following this guide but after i
    jailbreak 1.1.1
    install oktoprep
    shift+update
    select 1.1.2 firmware
    boot iphone with ibrickr

i get the slide to make emergency calls and not activated so i cant jailbreak and i have incorrect sim so i cant activate with itunes i tryed this several times with firmware downloaded from two sources any thoughts

edit. nevermind something must have went wrong when i extracted the jailbreak folder i re extracted it and all is well!
    Last edited by robbpell; 2008-02-05 at 12:32 AM.

Okay.. I have a question that hopefully gets answered.

Following this guide, do I say yes or no to hacktivation??

I see that the guide says 'no' but there is a post in here and other places say to always choose 'yes'.

Let me know if you know. Thanks.

works a charm.

well thanks alot EffeXTC

snowballz just click no if you activate your iphone tru itunes

Thanks

Wow! I had a few surprises but otherwise a terrific guide!

My surprises:

iTunes
    Temp Directory

I tried following the guide several times earlier today and figured I did something wrong because I kept getting errors (1062 when trying to update to 1.1.2 - so the update failed) OR I would get an error when trying to connect the iPhone to iTunes (iPhone not recognized unplug and try again error)

My solution? I had to clean the Temp directory (Documents and settings\<userid>\Local Settings) and reboot. ONce that was complete I had to reinstall iTunes (I had the latest version but apparently there was some corruption).

Then I restored everything as directed by this guide AGAIN (ha ha) and everything when perfectly.

Again, thanks for the guide - just thought I'd share in case others had a similar problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok well I've been trying to get my iphone jailbroken but after i downgrade to 1.1.1 itunes tells me that i cannot use the iphone with itunes because the sim is locked, and if I try to restart the iphone, itunes sees it as an ipod...and suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by actuate View Post
    This looks like a really well put together guide, but I have one question, I have a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone with the 4.6 bootloader, and have 1.1.3 now on the phone. Will this guide work with my phone?
    How did you get to 1.1.3 and are you an AT&T user with an iPhone data plan? If so, yes this will work. I have a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone and that's what I wrote this guide based off of.

Quote Originally Posted by lignsocal View Post
    UPDATE: So after everything is all said and done, I am now jailbroken and on 1.1.3!!! EffeXTC thank you for this great guide. It saved me a lot of time looking for all this information and you made it very dummy proof. I do think you may need to add something though....

"Jailbreaking 1.1.1

Here, we are going to jailbreak 1.1.1.

1. Slide the Slide for emergency bar to get to the number pad.
    2. Dial *#306# and call, then hang up.
    3. Slide the Slide for emergency bar again."

Between steps 2 and 3 you should let people know that after dialing *#306#, your phone may display the Please Wait... message for a long time. And let people know to just be patient.

Also if anybody has completed this guide recently and everything is working fine (which it should because EffeXTC wrote an amazing guide) and you get an error message " Error package download failed!" when trying to download something from installer, Check this thread out http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29219.

I am currently dealing with the error message myself.

But other than that everything went smooth and once again EffeXTC thank you!!
    Thanks for the kind words lignsocal.

I will add that step to the guide for the *#306# part and I will research the "Error package download failed!" part to introduce into the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by whistler View Post
    I'm still getting the "error code 1" when downgrading to 1.1.1. Can someone please help me. I have put the phone in DFU mode three different ways and it still won't work.
    There is really only one way to get into DFU mode. While the phone is on and plugged into the computer with iTunes open, hold down the power and home buttons untill the phone shuts down. Then let go of the power button and keep holding the home button. You will hear windows connect to the iPhone but your iPhone screen will stay black.

Quote Originally Posted by ljulius001 View Post
    when you extract the zip files: 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, etc., to their respected folders it extracts a number of files. when you "shift + click restore", which file do you point itunes to??
    Do not extract the firmware files. Just download those. They shouldn't be zip files, rather ".ipsw" files. Just select the correct ".ipsw" when you "shift+click restore".

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake07 View Post
    So will this method work if my phone has already been activated with AT&T? It just seems like every jailbreaking method I find will only work if your phone hasn't been activated yet. I dunno, maybe I'm just missing something. :P
    So long as you are an AT&T user and have an iPhone data plan. I do, I activiated it in iTunes as soon as I got it. So I did it all legitimately, I was just to impatient to wait for 3rd party apps from Apple so I jailbroke in 1.1.2 and now I'm jailbroke in 1.1.3 with what I wrote in this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wballz View Post
    Hey,

I've just followed the steps to a T and I have the jailbroken 1.1.3 phone but I am getting "NO SERVICE.."

I had an at&t activated phone prior to this. Any ideas?
    Try reseting the network settings under Settings -> General -> Reset -> Network Settings. If that doesn't work, try again from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by whistler View Post
    From 1.1.2, I shift+click restored to 1.1.3 and it went through fine. Then I did the shift+click restore to 1.1.1 and get the "error code 1" every time.
    Ensure that you are in DFU mode. The same thing happened to me. You cannot go down to 1.1.1 if you're not in DFU restore mode. You can go up to 1.1.3 if you are not though. It can be deceiving.

Quote Originally Posted by esmandau View Post
    if i got an 1.1.2 OTB iPhone how can i upgrade & jailbreak 1.1.3 with 4.03 ** Baseband?

i dont know if this is a stupidquestion but i saw other people telling that if we upgrade the 1.1.2 otb via itunes to get the basebands upgraded we cannot downgrade it again?

how can i do it?
    That is true, kind of. I just saw in one of the sources in Installer that there was a 1.1.3 -> 1.0.2 baseband downgrader. I have no knowledge of its success rate though.

Quote Originally Posted by HelioPause View Post
    This is the WORST!! upgrade I've ever tried to install. I have a OTB 1.1.1 jb to 1.1.2 jb. Activated through iTunes. I have tried this method THREE TIMES now with no success. They have ALL been done using the Official Dev Team method. 1st time worked great until I updated Installer and then the phone immediately went into DFU mode. Downgraded to 1.1.1 and back to 1.1.2. Tried again. This time it just stayed at the Apple boot screen. Never would go any farther. Downgraded again. Next time I tried it it worked but ALL MY APPS were gone! Only Apps I had left were Maps, Notes, Calculator, Stocks and Installer. Nothing I did fixed it. I even tried iJailBreakMobile. That didn't even do anything at all! Sheesh! I'm almost ready to give up!
    Don't give up. This method will work. so long as you didn't skip any steps. Even the beginning ones. Going up to 1.1.3 first, then all the way back down is crucial. If you have 1.1.2 JB and you just go straight to the Dev Team upgrade, I can only help you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by plaintom View Post

My surprises:

iTunes
    Temp Directory

I tried following the guide several times earlier today and figured I did something wrong because I kept getting errors (1062 when trying to update to 1.1.2 - so the update failed) OR I would get an error when trying to connect the iPhone to iTunes (iPhone not recognized unplug and try again error)

My solution? I had to clean the Temp directory (Documents and settings<userid>Local Settings) and reboot. ONce that was complete I had to reinstall iTunes (I had the latest version but apparently there was some corruption).

Then I restored everything as directed by this guide AGAIN (ha ha) and everything when perfectly.

Again, thanks for the guide - just thought I'd share in case others had a similar problem.
    Thanks for the kind words plaintom. I'm glad you had success with this. I will add the 1062 error and the fix to the guide here in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by actuate View Post
    Ok well I've been trying to get my iphone jailbroken but after i downgrade to 1.1.1 itunes tells me that i cannot use the iphone with itunes because the sim is locked, and if I try to restart the iphone, itunes sees it as an ipod...and suggestions?
    iTunes showed my iPhone as a playlist once. I was very shocked. I just pressed on. Try shutting down the phone down hard (holding down the power and home buttons till it shuts off and then let go of them both), then turn it back on. If that doesn't work, try either a DFU up to 1.1.3 and then back down to 1.1.1, or just another DFU to 1.1.1.
    Last edited by EffeXTC; 2008-02-05 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 8GB 1.1.3 Jailbroken

If I helped you out any, please Thank me!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I have ATT and the iphone plan, I used itunes to get to 1.1.3 and I'm trying everything again...I'll repost if I have a problem!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the sticky and the comments.

I'll do my best to keep on top of it and update as I can.

Is there any way you can modify the thread's title in the forum section to match what it says inside the thread?
    Done and done
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Okay, Had to do this twice because my phone wouldn't activate after the first try.

Make sure you choose NO TO HACKTIVATION USING THIS METHOD.

Thanks for the guide!

I feel like a real idiot cause nobody seems to have the probelm I'm having, I did everything, got the emergency slide screen, did the DFU and it booted fine, but looks like it's just a 1.1.3 and not jailbroken......everything works, but it's just regular 1.1.3....Everything deleted as far as call lists and even my old Make It Mine name but it looks like it's just regular 1.1.3.........

Any ideas?

how do u make calls when the sim is incorrect? i can't do it. what should i do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Sound still low even after reset!
    Quote Originally Posted by EffeXTC View Post
    Thanks for the info on Error 1603 and 1604. I added a Known Error Codes section to the guide with the solutions.

Try resetting your network settings.

Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Network Settings.

I'm not sure if it will work, but its about the only thing I can think of right now in your situation.
    EffeXTC, I do have a sound issue (faint ringer, message, etc.) and other quirks since going to 1.1.3. the sound is the most annoying though. I did the Reset all settings to no avail. Is there any way to get the sounds back to their previous level? I did the regular (unjailbroken) upgrade to my GF's iPhone (1.1.3.) and hers are nice and loud.

Also, there are lots of weird little quirks when I tried to load apps from the installer. For instance, I downloaded and installed some themes like Louis Mantia Buuf and they install seemingly OK but they don't show up in SMB for selection. There are many apps which just won't install saying failed to download package. I can get others to install just fine though so I don't think it's a room issue. When I do install things and get out of installer they icons don't show up unless I power down the iPhone and power it back up. Some apps install but the icon never shows up at all. Some apps install but crash to springboard right away (like my fav iRadio).

Come to think of it, maybe I should start an "issues and fixes for 1.1.3." thread.

BTW I didn't do Nate's, I used the dev teams clean approach poster here starting with the upgrade to 1.1.3. Sounds are low, you tube and Google locate work fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    how do u make calls when the sim is incorrect? i can't do it. what should i do?
    Did you do this step?
    # Select No to both options if you activiated in iTunes when you first got your iPhone. If you didn't activate in iTunes, you should say "Yes" to the Hactiviation prompt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    Done and done
    Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Ipwned View Post
    I feel like a real idiot cause nobody seems to have the probelm I'm having, I did everything, got the emergency slide screen, did the DFU and it booted fine, but looks like it's just a 1.1.3 and not jailbroken......everything works, but it's just regular 1.1.3....Everything deleted as far as call lists and even my old Make It Mine name but it looks like it's just regular 1.1.3.........

Any ideas?
    Read over the guide again. It sounds like you may have DFU'ed up to 1.1.3 and stayed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    EffeXTC, I do have a sound issue (faint ringer, message, etc.) and other quirks since going to 1.1.3. the sound is the most annoying though. I did the Reset all settings to no avail. Is there any way to get the sounds back to their previous level? I did the regular (unjailbroken) upgrade to my GF's iPhone (1.1.3.) and hers are nice and loud.

Also, there are lots of weird little quirks when I tried to load apps from the installer. For instance, I downloaded and installed some themes like Louis Mantia Buuf and they install seemingly OK but they don't show up in SMB for selection. There are many apps which just won't install saying failed to download package. I can get others to install just fine though so I don't think it's a room issue. When I do install things and get out of installer they icons don't show up unless I power down the iPhone and power it back up. Some apps install but the icon never shows up at all. Some apps install but crash to springboard right away (like my fav iRadio).

Come to think of it, maybe I should start an "issues and fixes for 1.1.3." thread.

BTW I didn't do Nate's, I used the dev teams clean approach poster here starting with the upgrade to 1.1.3. Sounds are low, you tube and Google locate work fine.
    Wow.... as for the sounds.... I'm kind of at a lost. I had zero sound what so ever. As for the faint sounds, I don't know. I do know that this will sound silly but.... what do the sound levels look like in the your settings? Please don't take that as an insult. I'm an IT guy and I start from the bottom up when I can't see the device I'm working on.

As for the themes... it's a known issue at this point in time. The theme package you were installing placed the theme under the Root home instead of the new Mobile home. A bunch of the standard themes were re-released/re-packaged with the changes I belive to place them in the right directories.

With Installer giving you the Failed to download package part, I ran into that problem a couple of days ago when I first did this. I'm not sure what the deal was but it corrected its self. I about flipped out because I did all the work and then it broke. I think Installer is just being over ran with all of the 1.1.3 stuff. Just give it a while and try later. It should work. I didn't nothing to resolve it and it straightened itself out.

As for some apps working and some not, keep in mind some have abandoned their apps and others just haven't updated the app to work with 1.1.3 yet.

My surprises:

iTunes
    Temp Directory

My solution? I had to clean the Temp directory (Documents and settings<userid>Local Settings) and reboot. ONce that was complete I had to reinstall iTunes (I had the latest version but apparently there was some corruption).

I did some research and I would be a bit weary of telling users to delete their entire Local Settings directory. There is alot of stuff under that directory that applies to much more than iTunes (i.e. Symantec, Microsoft, as well as all the iTunes Preferences for the user). I poked around and saw what could have been the issue but nothing for sure. There is a file named iPodDevices.xml that could be the problem. Mine shows all the info for my iPhone. It would problably show all the info for my iPod as well but I've never synced it with this computer.

If you want to take a look, it's under CDocument And Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Apple Computer\iTunes. It's worth a look.

My surprises:

iTunes
    Temp Directory

I have added the above errors to the guide. Thanks for the input!
    Last edited by EffeXTC; 2008-02-05 at 05:37 AM.

This is GREAT. I did it with OSX and used iNdependance instead of ibrickr. Everything is working perfectly and I have installer running. Thanks so much.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast