Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 1.1.3 for AT&T Users

Thank you for tyhis amazing guide!! Is it normal that your phone says please wait after you dial *#306#. I have been sitting here for like 10 mins while it just says please wait and shows the loading symbol under it??

so im still sitting here and my phone still says Please Wait..., does anyone know what to do????
    Last edited by lignsocal; 2008-02-04 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ive tried downloading the Offical Dev update via my jailbroken 1.1.2 from Installer and it downloaded properly and installed. After it installed the screen went blank for like 3 minutes then it reboted. After the rebot it started up at the connect to iTunes screen with an emergency slider but it also showed that I had service and connected to Wi-Fi. So I connected to iTunes it said my iPhone was damaged take to Apple store. So I downgraded back to 1.1.2 jailbroke. I am a legit AT&T user. Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

thanx work great only missing sources on installer guess ill look around ............thanx again

on the last step it says to set up your phone as a new phone...

does this matter? because my contacts arent on my computer, only on the backup of my phone, and id prefer to just restore the backup of my old phone. it's not a big deal, i'd just like to save some time.

nevermind i figured it out!!!
    Last edited by lignsocal; 2008-02-04 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by zstud333 View Post
    on the last step it says to set up your phone as a new phone...

does this matter? because my contacts arent on my computer, only on the backup of my phone, and id prefer to just restore the backup of my old phone. it's not a big deal, i'd just like to save some time.
    well, you're going to have to set it up as a new phone (I think when you set the phone after you install 1.1.1 or 1.1.2). Look at my post above to save your contacts, and other things. But, just to make sure, you will NOT be able to restore from a backup. so unless you sync you contacts, you will end up with a completely empty phone.

I would suggest backing up the Library folder like I said in the earlier post. you'll be able to save a lot more than what Itunes allow you to backup.

well I just did everything and now I'm on 1.3 but my phone part is not working. And iTunes gave me no option to activate. But also I don't want to activate thru iTunes because I don't want to add the iPhone package. Is there anyway to activate it and be able to use my existing AT&T sim without having to activate thru I tunes? Thanks for the info guys

I keep getting the "error code 1" when down grading to 1.1.1. i am in DFU mode but it still pops up the same code. What can I do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    this keeps the 113 baseband?

all is good except for the fact that THERES NO OKTOPREP on installer!

Quote Originally Posted by DriveThruRecFan View Post
    all is good except for the fact that THERES NO OKTOPREP on installer!

go into installer and under all packages tap on community sources and then install!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lignsocal For This Useful Post:

vafirefighter (2008-02-13)

theres no COMMUNITY SOURCES under ALL packages.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DriveThruRecFan For This Useful Post:

vafirefighter (2008-02-13)

Tried this in my iPhone, (except for the upgrade to 1.1.3 first part). It seemed to work (didn't get any errors) but after the phone rebooted, all the applications were gone! So with a fresh 1.1.1->1.1.2->1.1.3 it screwed the phone up. I could, however, move the wiggly icons

Restored to 1.1.2, and I'm a bit more sceptical about this supposedly easy upgrade now. I'm hoping a 1.1.3-4 version of the package comes out, as I can't be bothered waiting for it for an hour again!

Quote Originally Posted by whistler View Post
    I keep getting the "error code 1" when down grading to 1.1.1. i am in DFU mode but it still pops up the same code. What can I do?
    This leads me to belive you are really not in DFU mode. I went through about a half an hour trying to figure out what I did wrong to get this error. Turns out, I really wasn't in DFU mode. You're screen should be black if you really are in DFU mode. Try downloading the firmware again to ensure that the file wasn't corrupt. Then, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyu View Post
    this keeps the 113 baseband?
    Yes it does. Once you DFU up to 1.1.3, you're at the 1.1.3 baseband and you won't go back down.

Quote Originally Posted by DriveThruRecFan View Post
    theres no COMMUNITY SOURCES under ALL packages.
    There's no need for caps man.... But for the Community Sources/OktoPrep part. Ensure that you have Conceited Software listed under sources. If you don't, then that's your problem. If you don't have it, add it. The link is as follows:

conceitedsoftware.com/iphone
    iPhone 8GB 1.1.3 Jailbroken

If I helped you out any, please Thank me!

Is this perfectly 100% working? and if i do it will all my files in iphone lost?
    Please guide me, im quite a newbie in iphone hacking..
    ~you can Pm me guys~ thanks

Default Thanks for the help guys!
    To ab03, charlyc, and lignsocal,

Thanks for the help with answering questions!

Quote Originally Posted by SadMac View Post
    Tried this in my iPhone, (except for the upgrade to 1.1.3 first part). It seemed to work (didn't get any errors) but after the phone rebooted, all the applications were gone! So with a fresh 1.1.1->1.1.2->1.1.3 it screwed the phone up. I could, however, move the wiggly icons

Restored to 1.1.2, and I'm a bit more sceptical about this supposedly easy upgrade now. I'm hoping a 1.1.3-4 version of the package comes out, as I can't be bothered waiting for it for an hour again!
    is there a reason you skipped that first part. its a significant part of the process.

and also, your applications will be gone (except the core applications). is that what you meant? you're just going to have to reinstall them

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ab03 For This Useful Post:

EffeXTC (2008-02-04)

Quote Originally Posted by valhalla926 View Post
    Is this perfectly 100% working? and if i do it will all my files in iphone lost?
    Please guide me, im quite a newbie in iphone hacking..
    ~you can Pm me guys~ thanks
    This is 100% working for myself and quite a few others from my understanding. I haven't had one issue with the phone. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine!

Sorry to say, but unless you back your pictures and other stuff like Ab03 said in his post, you will loose it all. But that's kind of the point. I tried to remove everything that could have possibly caused errors. If everyone left stuff behind, there could be 1,000s of compatibility issues to troubleshoot as opposed to the barebones.

I will be adding the instructions that Ab03 mentioned to back up your SMSs and such later today.
    Last edited by EffeXTC; 2008-02-04 at 03:24 PM.

Smile Thanks for the guide!!
    Updated to 1.1.3 last night using this guide. Everything worked perfectly as the guide says it would. Took about 2 hours. You lose all your call history and text history because of not restoring from backup but that's fine with me. I figured I would before hand after reading though the guide. I'm now running 1.1.3 with phone, locate, email, edge, wifi, everything working!!!! Awesome.

To everyone using this guide:

Make sure you read everything and do everything as posted. Keep the page open while doing the upgrade so you can refer back to it during each step. I guarantee everyone on here that is having problems are not reading the guide and rushing everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    Updated to 1.1.3 last night using this guide. Everything worked perfectly as the guide says it would. Took about 2 hours. You lose all your call history and text history because of not restoring from backup but that's fine with me. I figured I would before hand after reading though the guide. I'm now running 1.1.3 with phone, locate, email, edge, wifi, everything working!!!! Awesome.

To everyone using this guide:

Make sure you read everything and do everything as posted. Keep the page open while doing the upgrade so you can refer back to it during each step. I guarantee everyone on here that is having problems are not reading the guide and rushing everything.
    Good to hear that we have another one up to 1.1.3 and jailbroken!!!

Long live MMi and the Dev Team!!!!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast