Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 327

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 1.1.3 for AT&T Users

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    OK I was able to succesfully do the DRU Restore, it was a matter of the proper timing on my part.

    I ran into another problem, I've made it all the way through most of this process except when I get to the part where I need to run the windows.bat and click the Jailbreak button, it fails saying I didn't run Oktoprep in 1.1.1 before upgrading to 1.1.2. Only I did. I followed the directions exactly and it won't let me jailbreak 1.1.2. Grrr. So what am I doing wrong now?
    So if you did install Oktoprep in 1.1.1 make sure that at the step below you did UPGRADE not RESTORE or all will be removed and you have to start again.


    Upgrading to 1.1.2

    Here we will finally upgrade to 1.1.2.

    1. Ensure that iTunes is open and your iPhone is connected to your computer.
    2. Shift+Click on Upgrade and select your 1.1.2 Firmware file.
    3. Let iTunes upgrade your phone to 1.1.2.
    4. If you get an Error Code (1015) that's fine, just click OK
    5. If you're phone doesn't boot all the way up, use iBrickr to boot it.
    Last edited by charlyc; 2008-02-04 at 12:55 AM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to charlyc For This Useful Post:

    Atreides (2008-02-08)

  3. #22
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by charlyc View Post
    So if you did install Oktoprep in 1.1.1 make sure that at the step below you did UPGRADE not RESTORE or all will be removed and you have to start again.


    Upgrading to 1.1.2

    Here we will finally upgrade to 1.1.2.

    1. Ensure that iTunes is open and your iPhone is connected to your computer.
    2. Shift+Click on Upgrade and select your 1.1.2 Firmware file.
    3. Let iTunes upgrade your phone to 1.1.2.
    4. If you get an Error Code (1015) that's fine, just click OK
    5. If you're phone doesn't boot all the way up, use iBrickr to boot it.

    Oh my, yes I didn't notice it was an Upgrade this time. I shall try that. Just a thought though, maybe this should be in bold with a note for other folks. I'll give it another try. Thanks again for your help.

  4. #23
    Everything worked in this guide, but I don't see open SSH in the list of installer apps.. has it not been updated for 1.1.3?

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by hadiz View Post
    Everything worked in this guide, but I don't see open SSH in the list of installer apps.. has it not been updated for 1.1.3?
    did you install community sources? it should be there (and it is working)

  6. #25
    will this guide work for an O.T.B. 1.1.3. iphone? Thanks

  7. #26
    when jailbreaking it. how long does it take to boot back up?

    its been saying rebooting device for 5 minutes now?

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa_Kev View Post
    when jailbreaking it. how long does it take to boot back up?

    its been saying rebooting device for 5 minutes now?
    if you are talking about at the end, I let mine go for 15 minutes but I had to manually reboot it the way they said in the last post. Holding both power and home button down until the phone shuts off - then let go. at that point, the phone is off. Then turn the power back on by pressing the power button once. Also, for me, the phone was stuck on the white apple screen for a long time (maybe 5+ minutes) before it actually booted back up

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ab03 View Post
    if you are talking about at the end, I let mine go for 15 minutes but I had to manually reboot it the way they said in the last post. Holding both power and home button down until the phone shuts off - then let go. at that point, the phone is off. Then turn the power back on by pressing the power button once. Also, for me, the phone was stuck on the white apple screen for a long time (maybe 5+ minutes) before it actually booted back up
    ok i do the jailbreak 1.1.2 and it finishes, and i have to boot it manually. then i go to install 1.1.3-3 and it says i dont have 1.1.2 installed?

  10. #29
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by charlyc View Post
    So if you did install Oktoprep in 1.1.1 make sure that at the step below you did UPGRADE not RESTORE or all will be removed and you have to start again.


    Upgrading to 1.1.2

    Here we will finally upgrade to 1.1.2.

    1. Ensure that iTunes is open and your iPhone is connected to your computer.
    2. Shift+Click on Upgrade and select your 1.1.2 Firmware file.
    3. Let iTunes upgrade your phone to 1.1.2.
    4. If you get an Error Code (1015) that's fine, just click OK
    5. If you're phone doesn't boot all the way up, use iBrickr to boot it.
    OK I'm at 1.1.1 and I've done oktoprep. I reconnected the phone and itunes is sitting there showing me at 1.1.1. I see an Update button and a Restore button. The directions say to Shift+Click on Upgrade but I don't see Upgrade, only Update. Normally I would assume I just Shift+Click on Update and update to 1.1.2 but I don't want to assume anything at this point.

  11. #30
    so this only works if you have ATT? what do you do if youve got tmobile?

  12. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ab03 View Post
    did you install community sources? it should be there (and it is working)
    Got it, thanks. Had to remove community sources as a source and add it again for some reason.

  13. #32
    Success!!!! =D!!!!! Worked great on my 1.1.2 OTB iphone =)~!!!!!


    Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ValentineBoy; 2008-02-04 at 05:27 AM.

  14. #33
    Retired Moderator Zwayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,633
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 764 Times in 591 Posts

    Shift click update

  15. #34
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Mission completed
    Many thanks to all who helped me. I finally got it working after the big SNAFU I made for myself by restoring 1.1.2 rather than UPDATING.

    A couple of notes for others. While doing and redoing this I came across some errors I wasn't prepared for and you should watch for while following these instructions. Make sure you are getting an error code 1015 and not some other error code before you use ibrickr to boot your phone. I found I was getting 1603 and 1604 error codes. If you do get these, you need to go into Administrative tools and then Services and stop and then restart Apple mobile device. This cleared up the problem with iTunes not restoring/uploading the files to the phone.

    After I installed the Official 1.1.3 upgrader I found I didn't have to wait ten or fifteen minutes to reboot. It rebooted right away after upgrading the image. It did take forever for it to download, extract, decrypt, etc. before it rebooted the phone, but it did reboot right away and then whammo, I was ready to connect to itunes. It activated instantly, then I synced the phone. Now I'm happily running 1.1.3 with Installer on it! Woot!

    Thanks again.

  16. #35
    Hey Can Anyone Please Help Me??? I've Did Everything I Have A Jailbroken 1.1.3 But For Some Reason When I Go To Safari And Try To Open A Site It Says That I Am Not Connected To Any Server When I Am Can Anyone Help Me With This Problem???

  17. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by chakraj View Post
    will this guide work for an O.T.B. 1.1.3. iphone? Thanks
    It should! So long as it's activated in iTunes with AT&T and you have an iPhone plan. Just follow the steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    Oh my, yes I didn't notice it was an Upgrade this time. I shall try that. Just a thought though, maybe this should be in bold with a note for other folks. I'll give it another try. Thanks again for your help.
    Thanks for the tip. The Upgrade thing was in bold but I went ahead and changed it to Upgrade and put it in CAPS for everyone....

    Quote Originally Posted by ab03 View Post
    if you are talking about at the end, I let mine go for 15 minutes but I had to manually reboot it the way they said in the last post. Holding both power and home button down until the phone shuts off - then let go. at that point, the phone is off. Then turn the power back on by pressing the power button once. Also, for me, the phone was stuck on the white apple screen for a long time (maybe 5+ minutes) before it actually booted back up
    Thanks for that tid bit that I forgot... I added the part about booting the phone back up and that it would take a few minutes....

    Quote Originally Posted by rolin7 View Post
    so this only works if you have ATT? what do you do if youve got tmobile?
    This will only work with AT&T or other official carriers. This is due to the 1.1.3 baseband being installed with upgrade to 1.1.3 and that the 1.1.3 isn't unlocked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    Many thanks to all who helped me. I finally got it working after the big SNAFU I made for myself by restoring 1.1.2 rather than UPDATING.

    A couple of notes for others. While doing and redoing this I came across some errors I wasn't prepared for and you should watch for while following these instructions. Make sure you are getting an error code 1015 and not some other error code before you use ibrickr to boot your phone. I found I was getting 1603 and 1604 error codes. If you do get these, you need to go into Administrative tools and then Services and stop and then restart Apple mobile device. This cleared up the problem with iTunes not restoring/uploading the files to the phone.

    After I installed the Official 1.1.3 upgrader I found I didn't have to wait ten or fifteen minutes to reboot. It rebooted right away after upgrading the image. It did take forever for it to download, extract, decrypt, etc. before it rebooted the phone, but it did reboot right away and then whammo, I was ready to connect to itunes. It activated instantly, then I synced the phone. Now I'm happily running 1.1.3 with Installer on it! Woot!

    Thanks again.
    I will add the 1603 and 1604 error codes and the fixes to the guide. Can you tell me when those errors actually occured?
    iPhone 8GB 1.1.3 Jailbroken

    If I helped you out any, please Thank me!

  18. #37
    i did all steps. i stil get the problem with hactivation bug problems. where if i select no it goes into the emergency call only french slider.

    trying again from scratch.

    please note i previously have done this with the older release and had to select yes to hactivation, would this affect it?

  19. #38
    something to add to the method:

    for those of you starting this process from 1.1.3, its true that you have to register it as a new phone, thus you can only sync your contacts from outlook without actually restoring from a saved backup

    HOWEVER, before starting this process, you can backup your library folder via WINSCP. This would be under private\var\root\Library. This contains your address book, texts, safari bookmarks, Youtube bookmarks, notes, call history, and other things depending on what other software you have installed.

    Then, when you are done with the whole process, you can just upload whatever you want to upload. just remember, the new library folder is under \private\var\mobile\Library. Just remember, within each of these folders is a .db file. This is what you want to upload.

  20. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhydz View Post
    i did all steps. i stil get the problem with hactivation bug problems. where if i select no it goes into the emergency call only french slider.

    trying again from scratch.

    please note i previously have done this with the older release and had to select yes to hactivation, would this affect it?
    If you had originaly activated your iPhone with iTunes when you bought it, you should just have to plug it into iTunes and let it activate itself. Mine showed the same thing. I just plugged it in and let iTunes do the work.

    If you didn't activate it in iTunes when you first bought it, then you will have to say yes to hactivation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ab03 View Post
    something to add to the method:

    for those of you starting this process from 1.1.3, its true that you have to register it as a new phone, thus you can only sync your contacts from outlook without actually restoring from a saved backup

    HOWEVER, before starting this process, you can backup your library folder via WINSCP. This would be under privatevarrootLibrary. This contains your address book, texts, safari bookmarks, Youtube bookmarks, notes, call history, and other things depending on what other software you have installed.

    Then, when you are done with the whole process, you can just upload whatever you want to upload. just remember, the new library folder is under privatevarmobileLibrary. Just remember, within each of these folders is a .db file. This is what you want to upload.
    Good tid bit! I will add it tomorrow! Any idea on the permissions that may have to be set?
    Last edited by EffeXTC; 2008-02-04 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 8GB 1.1.3 Jailbroken

    If I helped you out any, please Thank me!

  21. #40
    I didn't add/change any permissions. It looks like they have 644 permissions. Maybe that is the default? or WinSCP preserves the existing permissions when you overwrite?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •